Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

• Sponsors (?)

Took the car for a nice ride today. Really just been enjoying driving it lately!
I made a spare tire cover from some 1/4 mdf a while ago, but right now I have no spare. I hear the thing rattling constantly. Should I use some thicker material, or any suggestions on securing it? I had it velcro’d down before I did Kilmat, but I’m leary of attaching the Velcro back to the thin foil on the Kilmat. I feel like it will pull the foil off if I need to remove the cover. Maybe some 1/2” foam insulation around the perimeter of the board?
Long winded post for a real minor issue, I know! Lol

Make an insert that drops down into the spare tire well. A foam donut the right thickness

Well I didn’t get to as many shows as I would have liked, but I did enjoy the car this summer. I did meet up with @1hot87gt for a show, and his car is every bit as good in person as it shows on here….. probably even better.
My car has been running great and I’ve put some miles on it for sure.
I’m still debating on what I will do this winter, if anything, but right now on Nov 2…… I am thrilled that it’s still 60 degrees in the garage……. Which is kind of making me want to tear this thing apart.
3g alternator, MM strut brace, move battery to the back…… are all on the short list. New heads and cam to go with my waiting Explorer intake is the long list. We’ll see where this all goes….. if anywhere.

Reactions: 1 users
Well, haven’t done anything to the car yet, but it’s still almost 60 in the garage on Dec 7 (respect to Pearl Harbor Day)
I still need to get it out one more time to fill the tank and put the Stabil in. It may be another winter of sitting still til spring. Time just seems to go by too fast! (There’s always next winter)

I hear you Rdub. Just did the same. Filled her with gas and put in Stabil and ran a bit. Don’t know where the year went. Seems like we just met up at that Flowerfield show, and that was August. Anyway, don’t forget to air up the tires so they don’t flat spot, I actually also put a small piece of carpet under each one as well and throw a small damp rid in the interior. Hopefully it stays this mild for the rest of the winter and spring comes early.

Reactions: 1 user
So, while the car sits under the cover for the winter, I decided to hit these seat belt guides with some paint. My 90’s interior doesn’t even have the correct belts to go with these, but the ones that were there were cracked. So I bought these and finally painted them to match the interior.
Maybe someday I’ll add the correct belts to go with the interior, like @Mustang5L5 did.
94FB8840-E625-467E-85B3-08A6301C71AA.jpeg

So…… I’ll keep my story going here, even though it’s not Mustang related. I decided to sell the ‘18 F150 and keep the ‘02 that my daughter was driving for the past year and a half.
I never really liked the ‘18, and I have the ‘02 running pretty good right now. And with only 107,000 on the clock, I’m pretty sure I can get some more good years from it.
I already ordered all new coil packs for it. Since I changed the plugs, and had some misfire issues….. I’m just going to change all the coil packs as well.
The only real thing I will miss on the ‘18 is the new tech radio/ infotainment system. So I’m looking at a few double din units, and have to decide which one I want to throw in the ‘02.
The ‘18 was already paid, so this is just money back in my pocket, which was another big factor in deciding which one to sell. Hopefully I made the right decision! Time will tell!

In June I bought my wife an 08 from a tow yard. Super cab, XLT, 4x4 with the 5.4 triton and 230K on the clock. Decent body and worn interior. It was too good a deal to pass. Had to put a lot of maintenance in it right up front and still have some to do but so far so good. I like it but I do not get to drive it much.

So I put the C&L Blue lightning coil packs on the ‘02 F150 and she is running great!! Couldn’t be happier right now with that truck.
On the Foxbody side, I just ordered a Moroso battery box. The plan is to locate the battery to the rear, smooth out some more of the engine bay, as well as a 3g alternator conversion. I’ll keep squirreling parts like I did before my 5 lug conversion, and eventually get it done!

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
So that battery box I bought opened a can of worms. I’ve already contacted K&K Custom Mustangs ( @95steedamustang ) about his inner engine bay skirts. My creative mind is spinning!!
Next plan of attack is smooth engine bay, battery to the the hatch, and the 3g alternator.
First show I really want to be at is April 23, Hope for the Warriors event held at my local Millers Ale House. https://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/event/hope-for-the-warriors-cars-and-guitars-event/
Depending on funds and time, this may be next fall/winters (2023/2024)project. Not sure if I can get things apart and back together the way I want it by April. I enjoyed the few shows I was able to get to last year, and don’t want to miss any more than I need to (because of work) than I have to!

Reactions: 3 users
So that battery box I bought opened a can of worms. I’ve already contacted K&K Custom Mustangs ( @95steedamustang ) about his inner engine bay skirts. My creative mind is spinning!!
Next plan of attack is smooth engine bay, battery to the the hatch, and the 3g alternator.
First show I really want to be at is April 23, Hope for the Warriors event held at my local Millers Ale House. https://www.hopeforthewarriors.org/event/hope-for-the-warriors-cars-and-guitars-event/
Depending on funds and time, this may be next fall/winters (2023/2024)project. Not sure if I can get things apart and back together the way I want it by April. I enjoyed the few shows I was able to get to last year, and don’t want to miss any more than I need to (because of work) than I have to!
I always love aiding the ultimate “opening” of a can of worms. Aka..engine bay panels!!

So I decided to throw these in today, even though I don’t have the seatbelts to match.
B830F8C4-086F-4457-9601-B258A405EA31.jpeg

It has made me realize I should just pull all the plastics out of the rear interior and paint them all the same color!!

Also……. Are these worth anything to anyone even though broken? I hate throwing out OEM Ford parts.
ABAFAFBA-1BCC-4DA2-97DB-74888E3A0845.jpeg

Do you have the other ends to glue on?

When you start painting black interior parts black, it really makes the rest of the interior stick out. That factory black stuff looks almost bluish in some light. Mine looks the day way really.

Do you have the other ends to glue on?

When you start painting black interior parts black, it really makes the rest of the interior stick out. That factory black stuff looks almost bluish in some light. Mine looks the day way really.
No, they were broken when I got the car.
This interior is a complete Frankenstein in itself, so if I can just paint most everything to match, I’ll be ok with that.

• Sad
So while it’s not too cold in the garage, I decided to start messing with my Explorer intake. Got all the lines/fittings removed from the underside and continued sanding.
I’m off Friday and the weather is supposed to be good, so it may get the Aircraft Stripper treatment. Then I’ll hit the runners as best I can with the wire wheel.
Gotta keep busy in the winter!!!