Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

What I meant Dub, was you could start now and be done by summer. You’ve down a nice job man.

thanks man! Appreciate it. My goal is to fix everything that needs it, but gets frustrating sometimes with this whole “one thing leads to another”. No biggie though, I’ll get it done. And you’re right, I have a few months before driving weather is back, so hopefully I get it sorted out by then.

• Sponsors (?)

So after a lot of back and forth..... I’ve decided I’m just going to cut out the whole rear section of passenger side floor pan as well. From underneath, I thought I could get away with some small patches. Once I got all the sound deadener off, and saw how much really needs to be repaired, cutting it all out is the only way to go. I’m fairly happy with the driver side as my first go at this, so I figure this one can only come out a little better.
B8678FF6-F0A4-4EBF-97B3-FE3D03FE20BC.png

On top of all the holes, that section where it meets the rear seat support at the 90 degree has seen better days for sure!

Reactions: 1 user
I believe it was Thursday night, Mustangs Unlimited still had the whole passenger side pan for $49 on clearance...... now it’s gone.:bang:

So now I’ll be ordering just the rear section from Classic to Current Fabrication for $49.

snooze, you lose! At least I got the driver side before they ran out!!

And I figured while I was here, I may as well rip up the sound deadener for the passenger front and be absolutely sure I was ok there. All was good. Scuffed it up and primed for now. It’ll get POR15 once I’m done with the rear section.
2A4FA008-E70D-4F06-8E3D-1315A80634BB.jpeg

I’ll consider this a victory for this morning. Saved myself $50 by getting these seat brackets off the old floor (in useable shape)
E4B993DD-6BB5-4F1D-B185-C4467E802C04.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
And now I sit and wait for Classic 2 Current Fabrication to ship my rear section of floor. Ordered it Saturday. I had no shipping updates so I emailed. Said they just moved to new warehouse and were a little behind. I guess I’ll find out what they mean by “a little”.
Anyway - I got the brackets cleaned up and primed with weld-thru, and I got all my spot welds drilled. I may have to fab up a new “L” piece at the rear like I did on the other side. Not much good metal left there.
8A3019B8-ABC7-4836-9D12-7AEE2756BD71.jpeg
1A5AAE7D-FB47-4565-9969-827F817930EC.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed again to see if they had an estimated ship date. I guess since they “dont work weekends” as they wrote in last email, my best case is that they ship on Monday. I guess we’ll see. I would have given them a good review on here had they come through, but so far, I can not do that!

Itching to get to work..... frustrating!

Finally got an update on my floor pan — shipped today..... expected arrival Friday.
I’m off Friday, so I’m hoping to drop the tank and get the fuel lines removed.

Then I can go to town with the welder on the floor and subframes.

Deciding whether to use the $30 off $300 coupon on the stainless fuel lines for when I reassemble.:thinking:

Noticed my pinion seal starting to leak too:mad:
I guess I’ll decide whether to deal with that now, or wait until my eventual 5 lug swap. Either way, I have plenty of work ahead of me. Now to find the time!!

Got tank out with no issues. Got it emptied and a quick clean up.
image.jpg

Also got my delivery on the floor pan.
image.jpg

It has two small cuts on either side..... I guess to allow for movement???? Not crazy about that. And although not “factory”, I like that they have that big hole closed in!

Got my fuel lines off today so I can start cutting and welding. Cleaned up my vent line pretty nice. I’ll re-use that one. Going to go with stainless replacements for the supply and return whenever I get it back together.
Some before’s of the vent:

CD0E7F7E-863F-4E73-88AB-253E39C4E487.jpeg
1F844A54-BB9A-4B71-A72C-EB8785FB89C1.jpeg

And an after:

9E8B4479-3FE0-45DC-80B4-0EDB6DA07DBA.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Got the new section fit in with sheet metal screws this morning before work. I’ll mark it for my final cut, as well as cut that rusted section off in the back. Need to get to store for some metal so I can redo that piece. Little at a time. Work really gets in the way of having fun!!!

And just a note on this Classic to Current panel I bought. All they do is bead roll the raised sections. It took a lot of extra bending and fitting to get it where my seat brackets sit flush with the pan. In hindsite, I would have bought the whole side and cut it where I needed it. The piece I got for the other side from the Mustangs Unlimited sale was much better fitment.

F4C4D359-5A10-4D4D-89AC-A9E7847884E5.jpeg

More progress on the floor today. Not completely done, but I got a good bit welded in, and I’m much happier with my welding on this second piece of the floor. I still burned through a few spots, but only because of my impatience to do “one more spot” as I was stitching in the welds.
The trans tunnel toward the back was burning through quick too. Not sure if it is much thinner there, but what worked on my front seam, was way too hot for that. I’ll have to find a helper to hold my copper paddle to fill those in, as well as this floor pan not having those grooves the original does. That will be a challenge to get solid, but I’ll figure it out.
2107CD1D-9B74-4588-AC68-0D650277E967.jpeg
61DF68A9-66A2-4C8D-816D-EDAC5EFD0613.png

Reactions: 2 users
Started messing with the fuel pump and bracket as I was sitting at the work bench. Took it out of the tank, and pretty sure this is an original. Mfg date ends in 86, and from what I can tell, model 5520 is an original pump for these cars. I guess it’s time to change it out!!
1FEBAF49-AF83-4219-82E9-7AD81B2C64EE.jpeg
AAC29870-729A-4472-BBDD-5CED0619955E.jpeg