Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Got these today!! Top left corner of the corner light is cracked. The piece is in the box. I think may use some crazy glue on it, rather than deal with the hassle of shipping them back. I’ll have to think about it.
image.jpg

image.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey man, I just caught up on the thread. You have done some great work! Regarding that broken light housing, if you don't want to mess with returning it, I might suggest Gorilla brand super glue. I managed to break a tab off of an interior piece when sound deadening my vette, and that glue made it stronger than new. 2$ fix, but I'm also the guy who would contact the vendor and see if a replacement was available hassle free. Either way, nice work on the car so far!

I shot them an email this morning. We’ll see what happens. This set all matches perfect. My fear is getting another light, that is a different shade of grey. Some reviews had called that out as an issue.
Car still isn’t up and running, so I have some time to deal with this anyway!

Hey man, I just caught up on the thread. You have done some great work! Regarding that broken light housing, if you don't want to mess with returning it, I might suggest Gorilla brand super glue. I managed to break a tab off of an interior piece when sound deadening my vette, and that glue made it stronger than new. 2$ fix, but I'm also the guy who would contact the vendor and see if a replacement was available hassle free. Either way, nice work on the car so far!

Thanks man! Appreciate that! It’s definitely been a fun few years working on this. It’s still far from where I’d like to end up, but it’ll get there some day!
I’ll see how they reply to my email. I sent them a picture, so hopefully I can just exchange the one light. If not, I’ll definitely try that glue. I’ve had good luck with their two part epoxy on some projects around the house.

Reactions: 1 users
I finally have tracking numbers for all my gas tank pieces. When I finally get it together, and go to start it back up (hopefully within the next two weeks if work cooperates) should I be doing anything to help the motor? It’s been sitting since the beginning of January without running. Not sure if that’s long enough to be concerned, or should I just fire it up? Thanks guys!

Got these today!! Top left corner of the corner light is cracked. The piece is in the box. I think may use some crazy glue on it, rather than deal with the hassle of shipping them back. I’ll have to think about it.
image.jpg

image.jpg
New lights shipping out tomorrow! I’m sending them back. LMR has been great! Good communication, and trying to make it right!

New lights shipping out tomorrow! I’m sending them back. LMR has been great! Good communication, and trying to make it right!
Yeah Dub, Ive had great service with them when something is wrong or damaged. Typically they just send out a replacement and don't ask for the other one back, at least in my case. Granted the stuff I received was cheap stuff. If I got a damaged $500 catted H pipe, im sure that would be a different story.

Yeah Dub, Ive had great service with them when something is wrong or damaged. Typically they just send out a replacement and don't ask for the other one back, at least in my case. Granted the stuff I received was cheap stuff. If I got a damaged $500 catted H pipe, im sure that would be a different story.

Yeah..... they said if they didn’t receive them, they would charge my card. No biggie. In the end I just want a set that isn’t damaged. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
I was ready to reassemble the fuel filler neck, and all the overspray was bothering me.
Took the time to take it out, clean it up, a little touch up with some flat black, new gaskets, and I’m much happier! Good thing I ended up getting two sets of gaskets!
D5E738AD-2F48-4C5D-8F0E-518D520D8B36.jpeg

CA4BC073-1921-4B3D-99A8-F2A2029C6410.jpeg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
New filler neck to trunk seal installed:
FF431B54-579B-4457-8563-6B287E3EA6B5.jpeg

Tank is ready to go. New filler grommet, vapor valve grommet, sending unit, and 155lph fuel pump.
Calling it a night and going to clean up. Need some more dielectric grease for the connections, and I think I’ll be good to go.
Only reason I got this far was because the rain put an end to the outside chores!!
9FD37A84-EF5A-4B24-8946-68752751F44B.jpeg