Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

On another note with this car, I have always had a problem with a light drip of oil from the plug on the rear sump. I replaced the plugs and tried a few gaskets. I think I finally found one that works.

6B93305F-878B-4272-8D3C-DE167E4BE166.png

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I noticed that the plug on my oil pan appears to have a slight leak. I might have to pick a few of these up and give them a try.

I tried the plastic and the rubber. Both leaked. Then I bought an assortment pack at AutoZone. Was planning on trying the copper first, but this one looked a little better to me. So far so good.

I did a mini shootout of all these gaskets. I posted it in one of my threads...somewhere...lol. I actually went to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan and got those factory gaskets as well as all the parts store ones. The one that worked best for me when no other would is the factory Honda ones. The oil drain plugs was on my list of places to seal up.

I did a mini shootout of all these gaskets. I posted it in one of my threads...somewhere...lol. I actually went to Toyota, Honda, and Nissan and got those factory gaskets as well as all the parts store ones. The one that worked best for me when no other would is the factory Honda ones. The oil drain plugs was on my list of places to seal up.

Front plug has always been dry as a bone. Rear, could never get sealed. I’m hoping I found the solution...... or else I’ll be going to Honda!!!

Back to these rear calipers tonight. Got one completely apart, but this one old seal just doesn’t want to come out easy. I think it’s just a grease seal for the parking brake lever. I’ll hit it with the Dremel and wire wheel tomorrow to clean it up.
It’s interesting taking these things apart and seeing exactly how that parking brake works. Pretty simple design actually.
Ordered my rebuild kits/ seals from Rock Auto tonight. Hopefully have these like new pretty soon.
C2C5A8C5-823F-4B06-8732-11C90021F160.png
0219889E-BC75-44EA-88E6-A85DDD12DD5B.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I’ve been looking at GT40 intakes for a while on eBay. I decided to throw a bid out, never expecting to win.
But I did, and here’s what I got.
004AFFB9-989F-43A7-AC24-D66A28B4E807.png
D91BFD40-9EA1-4428-9F12-9B91A109A7A1.png

I’ve paid, but it hasn’t shipped yet, but if it does, I got a real good deal. This is definitely a “down the road “ project, but at the price I got it, I couldn’t pass it up.

• Hell Yeah!
So with a lot of patience, a lot of “watching” items, and a little luck. A gt40 upper and lower intake, and throttle body can be had for $100...... and that included shipping.
Yeah, it’s gonna need a lot of work and paint, but I enjoy that stuff, and it won’t be going on the car for a while anyway. Here it is:
188D240E-15CB-4B90-8C3A-BC9A8594C45F.jpeg
AD2D7CC9-A673-4BC4-AB53-DB2918D832A3.jpeg
23D3C93A-4653-473F-B597-B052D8738127.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Got a new flex head for my rotary tool. Figured I’d tackle my worn hinge pins. Went through a few cutting discs, but I don’t really understand the horror stories about this job. It wasn’t that bad at all. Had the door supported on a jack and jack stands with towels..... had the wife steady it when I pulled it out to change the bushings, and back in it went. However, I do need to get the oversized pin and bushing for the bottom. It improved, but still has some sag.

I also never changed my broken tension spring when I had everything apart for the wire tuck (stupid, I know). So maybe tomorrow I’ll yank the wheel and inner fender and get that done. The stupid things, like this door just swinging, really annoy me after a while. And since I’ve been driving it a lot lately, I’ve noticed it a lot more.
114783FE-36B6-4CC5-AFC8-C3F18E2E266A.jpeg

image.jpg

Off from work this week.... nothing too major on the house to-do list..... so garage time it is!!

I’ll just leave this here lol.

C3C1AD3C-792A-4357-980C-0EF629AC5488.jpeg

Try and go the extra mile and cut off the nub and take a flap wheel to the various casting marks on the intake. Makes a big difference

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
I’ll just leave this here lol.

C3C1AD3C-792A-4357-980C-0EF629AC5488.jpeg

Try and go the extra mile and cut off the nub and take a flap wheel to the various casting marks on the intake. Makes a big difference

That’s beautiful!! I’m on my way. Nub is already cut off! I’m hoping to shape the lines like the nub was never even there... (we’ll see how that goes).

It’ll be some time before this goes on, so it’s going to look like new before it does!

20F41497-5846-4CE9-9877-CAA2FFED7CDB.jpeg