Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

• Sponsors (?)

Took it for a ride this morning. Came up to temp, new thermostat did it’s job. Came home. All dry. Tightened up the bolts and clamps a touch, and hopefully I’m good to go.

Reactions: 3 users
So I broke out the welder again. I feel like I’m getting this 14 gauge down pretty well.

Front
9CCC6582-DD3E-4B0C-A0F2-7C86EBD862B0.jpeg

Back
E9577634-23B0-4DA3-A7C1-E581849CD23A.jpeg

Practiced some spots and stitching on 22 gauge also. This is definitely a little more difficult
Front
315F1DAA-E64B-41A5-8C5B-D8E291D07662.jpeg

Back
97595873-0879-448A-89FB-279D166EFAA1.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Got some rear calipers off eBay..... one more coming. Between the two, with shipping, I’m in for $52. Rebuild kit, some brackets, and paint....... more money saved from buying new or remans!

Here’s the first to arrive.
4EE1ED97-A39C-4D12-BF19-0FC4CD9C643D.jpeg

..... and looking better already!
C389F205-6988-4309-9077-3F0EECBE3507.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Second one came today:

Here’s what I got
A01CE279-4A85-4292-8D2D-D379EE5DD05B.jpeg

Here was the eBay pic:
0B5D1D80-34DA-43ED-B3F5-944EDF7D4D16.png

It’s all good..... was just looking forward to a little less cleaning on this one. I guess they just use the same pic over and over, but usually they disclaim that.

Screenshot_2019-08-23-16-27-19-1.png

You say you have to buy a rebuild kit and bracket for each...then caliper paint. I have no idea how much the brackets and kit are. These are what I looked up.

I thought about going new, but I have time, and I enjoy looking back and seeing the progress, like I did with the front calipers.
These definitely look a little more involved to rebuild, but I enjoy that part of the process as well.

That's cool. Keep posting pics and where to get the other parts. Makes an interesting thread. TV sucks now. Car stuff is much better.

Will do. I wish I had the cash to just buy all I need right now, but that’s not in the cards at the moment.
I agree on the TV. All I watch is Motortrend, (unless the Mets are on) but even Motortrend is rerun after rerun all day long.

Times 2 calipers

$104 plus you cores and shipping.

However, I have those exact calipers. They hold up well

Just saw this today surfing around eBay!!! And that’s the price they want for one!!!

Can't believe I'm going to say this..but that's not too bad for brand new with pads. I'm like you though. I'd have to do it the most economical way. Here the sad thing I've been not wanting to say. A number of years ago when I was regularly cruising junk yards, a barely wrecked mustang came in and was in the untouched lot where they put cars that just came in. I took every single brake component off that car with the intent of converting my car to the 2300K brakes the piecemeal way. I'm not sure what came over me but I kept all those parts for a long time then just threw them all away. I can't believe I did that. I packrat every Mustang part I can find but for some reason I threw em away. Didn't even sell them. I've thought about that with regret many times.

• Surprised
I packrat every Mustang part I can find but for some reason I threw em away. Didn't even sell them. I've thought about that with regret many times.

I think we have all thrown away a treasure or two at some point in our lives. It seems like every time I decide to clean up the "junk" piles that have been laying around FOREVER two months or so later I realize I tossed something that I really need.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I think we have all thrown away a treasure or two at some point in our lives. It seems like every time I decide to clean up the "junk" piles that have been laying around FOREVER two months or so later I realize I tossed something that I really need.

Sometimes I get so tired of seeing the same stuff I havnt used in months/years, that I just get rid of it.

Just pulled down 30 something Hess trucks from the attic. They’re worth crap unfortunately. I’ll either sell them at a loss, or give them away...... but they are NOT going back in the attic!! Lol

The 35 years of worthless Topps baseball cards will be next!!