Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Being tired of getting nickel and dimed on this project....... I first am trying to repurpose the original brackets. They bring the cable a little closer to the control arm, so I’ll just have to watch the travel and make sure it’s ok, but I think I’ll be fine.
962E4572-C6C0-4FBA-BCC6-5E7B592D69B4.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Wheels showed up today. I’m very happy with the Bullitt choice I made. However....... one wheel wanted like 8oz of weight, and has an obvious “out of round” spot. So, home I went, ordered another wheel, and started the return process on the bad one. Seems like I’ve heard this story before, right. @CarMichael Angelo .

Also today, I added the black belt stripe for good...... no more electrical tape test!

I’m liking how it’s coming together. Just hoping these springs sit the way I want them to, and I’ll be a happy camper (if the 5th wheel balances out).

Edit: I think I need to find some different center caps for the wheels though.
A8E33408-47EB-4484-978F-DF083A939FDB.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the new wheel Wednesday. Had it mounted and balanced today. Wanted the normal amount of weight, so I guess that other wheel was bad. I was holding my breath it wasn’t the tire, and I was going to have the same issue!
Anyway....... got everything buttoned up and backed it out of the garage for the first time in a year!
A brake fluid leak showed up above the rear end, so hopefully a fitting just needs to be snugged up! Other than that, I’m pretty psyched just to see it sitting in the sunshine!
29029512-C357-4E2B-991D-8634D1A086F8.jpeg

Here’s the “before” shot
37B5B434-1F9F-428E-BD9D-94DC5F89FBE4.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 9 users
@Mstng93SSP Having used pics of your cars to help make my final decision on springs, and now that I have them installed, I’m wondering if you put bumpsteer kits on your cars?
Many claim that the moderate drop with the Pro-Kit does not need it, but I am not liking the angle of my tie rods now.

I do not have a bump steer kit and have no problems. I run 1994/95 front spindles on all 3 cars and have no real issues. I do have MM caster Camber plates again on all 3 cars and a real good front end alignments.
Sounds good! I too used the ‘94/‘95 spindles, and MM c/c plates, so I guess I’ll see how it goes.
It just looks like the tie rod ends are angling up a little further than I wanted to see.

The 96 up spindle arms are straight, so that’s when bumpsteer is a bigger issue. I do not think lowering the car and lowering the rack with offset bushings is enough to help that geometry. Someone will argue that their car is fine with the later spindles. But it is not recommended.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
So I have to give credit where credit is due......although it took them a week to respond, American Muscle authorized a return on the bad wheel without a problem!
Good job with customer service on their part!!

So I backed the car out of the garage today again after tightening up the brake line that was leaking.
After bringing it back in the garage and popping the hood, I found the shocks/ caster camber plates to be in a much different position.
When I installed, I had the top shock nut nice and tight (torqued to spec) against the spacers that came with the plates.
I guess the struts found their “happy place” and settled in, because now I have this. See pic below. Both sides did exactly the same thing.
Should I just tighten the nuts down, or should I rearrange the spacers?
@90sickfox @Mustang5L5 what do you guys think?
A398B78E-3EB4-4077-9EC2-1656A14F7423.jpeg

I'd rearrange the spacers and look and see what happened. With the nuts tight it should've pulled the strut all the way up. The strut rod is thicker than the threaded end so the spacers should've sat all the way down on that shoulder. There'd be no way for the strut to come through further. The threaded portion of the strut could damage the hood if they are too long.

• Useful