Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

• Sponsors (?)

I know the Hawk brake pads are the “go to”, but does anybody have any other recommendations? This car is not getting pushed to its limits by any means....... but I’d rather keep the brake dust to a minimum if possible.

I'm actually not a fan of Hawk. I tend to go with Motorcraft pads for my street driven cars. I've always like the initial bite when cold and the fact that they are silent. The dust level is manageable. That's the number one thing that is critical to me. Minute a set of non-race pads make noise, i'm looking for replacements.

I guess your talking as a pre paint step? I pretty much live at the Lowdepot, so what’s one more run!!
Did the rust-oleum rock solid, pretty happy with it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210713-201416_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210713-201416_OneDrive.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Screenshot_20210713-201338_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210713-201338_OneDrive.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 67
Got my front brake calipers assembled. The O ring seals and dust boots were nowhere near as difficult as some of the u-toobers make it out to be.
Maybe I got lucky..... maybe not. I guess I’ll find out when I try to stop!

3A860815-B5B2-4C0D-89E3-69940C461B18.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Got word today that Maximum Motorsports won’t have the pro kit springs from Eibach until Aug. 20. Hopefully I have them by end of August.
They haven’t charged my card, and since that will now be my August parts purchase, I went ahead and ordered my Caster Camber plates. Hopefully those are in stock. I still need to get my rack installed, and plenty of odds and ends with the brakes, so it’s not like I have nothing to keep me busy.
If all goes well, I’ll have it driving for some nice Sep/Oct fall weather cruises and shows.

Reactions: 1 users
Got word today that Maximum Motorsports won’t have the pro kit springs from Eibach until Aug. 20. Hopefully I have them by end of August.
They haven’t charged my card, and since that will now be my August parts purchase, I went ahead and ordered my Caster Camber plates. Hopefully those are in stock. I still need to get my rack installed, and plenty of odds and ends with the brakes, so it’s not like I have nothing to keep me busy.
If all goes well, I’ll have it driving for some nice Sep/Oct fall weather cruises and shows.
when I ordered from them earlier this year (January) it took about a month to get all parts in. I'd call up a couple of weeks out, in reviewing the order they were able to get it to me a little quicker..
Sounds like you're close!

when I ordered from them earlier this year (January) it took about a month to get all parts in. I'd call up a couple of weeks out, in reviewing the order they were able to get it to me a little quicker..
Sounds like you're close!
Yeah man, I can’t wait. Right now there are no more parts coming off the car, and just new ones waiting to go on...... just trying to stay on my monthly budget for Fox parts. Lol
I usually tear something apart every winter, but I keep telling myself once this stage is complete, I’m going to enjoy driving it this fall (and winter when I can) then spring summer of ‘22. Then winter of ‘22 all bets are off and the motor is coming out!

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah man, I can’t wait. Right now there are no more parts coming off the car, and just new ones waiting to go on...... just trying to stay on my monthly budget for Fox parts. Lol
I usually tear something apart every winter, but I keep telling myself once this stage is complete, I’m going to enjoy driving it this fall (and winter when I can) then spring summer of ‘22. Then winter of ‘22 all bets are off and the motor is coming out!
I hear you, my brake swap, turned chassis upgrade, turned what else can i do.. has kept me down through spring.. i wanted it back out in April, but life...
just bled the brakes today (man talk about some nasty stuff coming out of those lines), i think i might do one more round tomorrow to see if i can get the fluid going to the back a bit clearer... few more things.. but won't take over your thread.. can't wait to see pics of it out and drivable.

Reactions: 1 user
So with everything on back order...... I figured I better get my rear lower control arms ordered now, before I miss out on this batch!
I went with the sport model adjustables. I’m not happy about the price, but I’m pretty excited about getting those on the car, and being able dial in the height.
Anyway, I got plenty of little odds and ends to finish up before then, and I guess I need to start making a decision on the wheels.
Got my new speedo gear from LMR today, so that’ll go in tomorrow..... I know.... baby steps..... but at least that wasn’t on back order.

Reactions: 1 user
Tonight I ordered my front rotor dust shields, strut dust boots, and sway bar brackets and bushings.
I’m pretty sure I have everything on order to get this car running again......... Except of course, wheels. Which LMR won’t let me order until they are in stock, so once I get that email that they have them they’ll be ordered, and hopefully I’ll have them!

Good news is, tonight’s LMR order all said it was in stock.

So I just continue to wait on my “corona” ordered parts to arrive..... hopefully before winter!

Tonight I ordered my front rotor dust shields, strut dust boots, and sway bar brackets and bushings.
I’m pretty sure I have everything on order to get this car running again......... Except of course, wheels. Which LMR won’t let me order until they are in stock, so once I get that email that they have them they’ll be ordered, and hopefully I’ll have them!

Good news is, tonight’s LMR order all said it was in stock.

So I just continue to wait on my “corona” ordered parts to arrive..... hopefully before winter!
Yep, waiting on wheels myself....