Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Just ordered a set of these from McMaster for the rear end cover. Can’t go for the aluminum girdle cover right now, but these bolts will brighten it up a bit.
120040FB-1027-4AA0-8139-84DA2D60769A.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Not much to report...... just a little more clean up and painting.
Got the rear end cover Rust reformed, primed, and painted:
192B5F60-04A1-4B84-946E-7F3E112DBB79.jpeg

I also got a lot cleaned and painted underneath. I still need to unbolt the clamps holding the fuel lines so I can get behind them...... but I’m getting there.

6A7F5BD6-B187-4F8B-B47A-FC0351C4C512.jpeg

And as you can see, at one point in its life, somebody hit the right rear on a curb.... shoved the whole rear to the left, as evidenced by the dents that were created by the driveshaft.
If I was really crazy, I’d pull the rear seat, throw some heat on that metal and try to get rid of the dents to make it look a little better, but I don’t think that will happen...... maybe!
You could but.......:shrug:

Just ordered a set of these from McMaster for the rear end cover. Can’t go for the aluminum girdle cover right now, but these bolts will brighten it up a bit.
120040FB-1027-4AA0-8139-84DA2D60769A.png
Bolts delivered this morning. Of the ten that were supposed to be in the box, I got 2.
Luckily someone actually answered the phone, told me to keep the two, and they would ship another box right away!
Good customer service, better would be to ensure the order is right the first time. Before I even opened it, it was clear to me there was not much in the box!
Aggravating!

Yeah..... they were supposed to be delivered yesterday, so that part is on FedEx..... but whoever put the box in the envelope obviously wasn’t paying attention, didn’t care....... or maybe an honest mistake :shrug:
Just someone getting a delivery reminds me of how much I hate them.
I've also gotten stuff that was wrong/incomplete, I think most times it's a return that a previous customer took out what they wanted or just returned the wrong part in the box.

Really wishing I had thought about about all this clean up and paint when I had the tank down last time. Right now it’s full, with a bottle of Stabil in it. Once I run it down again, I’ll drop it and get it all painted to match up above and around the tank.
ADCDF936-75FA-4119-B586-B6568CAD702A.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Really wishing I had thought about about all this clean up and paint when I had the tank down last time. Right now it’s full, with a bottle of Stabil in it. Once I run it down again, I’ll drop it and get it all painted to match up above and around the tank.?

Not bragging, but the underside of my floor is cleaner than the top side of 95% of any member’s car in this forum.

Ya’ll are a bunch of lazy asses.

• Haha
So I went with guy on my “do the right thing” shoulder, and I ordered my new spider gears and pinion flange. The “just put it back together and don’t spend the money guy” almost won, but I will be happier in the end.
Once these get here, my attempt at setting up the gears will begin!

• Hell Yeah!
Didn’t feel like laying under the car cleaning and painting today. But I was bored, so I put my wheel studs in my axles.
Didn’t take long, but it’s something else off the list.
7928F7F9-CD01-4050-8E14-2274D1343691.jpeg

Spider gears and pinion bearing race showed up. Still waiting on the bearing itself, and my pinion flange.
It’s nice that they include the cross pin and bolt in the kit with the spider gears.
5F6AF97D-9591-4128-B528-C0092D17CE6C.jpeg

Yeah..... they were supposed to be delivered yesterday, so that part is on FedEx..... but whoever put the box in the envelope obviously wasn’t paying attention, didn’t care....... or maybe an honest mistake :shrug:

At work, I received 2-3 packages from McMaster almost daily for the last 14 years. I've NEVER had an issue with an order. :shrug: They are my go-to for hardware.

So it looks like Saturday will be an F150 day. Right now I need a “cranks, no start” checklist for an ‘02 F150. I’m hoping it’s just the relay for the fuel pump, because I really don’t feel like dropping the tank. Pretty sure it’s one of the two, because I don’t hear the pump priming. At least I had decided to only put $25 in before I got stranded at the gas station. :mad:
A4F0922B-B0C1-4653-B6F1-57DDE33E8B84.jpeg

Fuel pump is my bet, low on fuel, old pump is hot because of its age, cool fuel hits it when you gas up and pump locks tight, just a guess only because I grab vehicles all the time at the petrol stops.
Sometimes you can have someone turn key to start while you bang on the tank and it will start, they do it at the shop all the time.

• Useful