Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

I will not post a like for your rear end as it could be taken wrong. I will say it looks like the issues are figured out and I hope the rest of the car is as well done.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

A little work here and there. Got my sn95 ball joints into my control arms. More of a PITA than I expected, but they are in!
5A03CD16-92E7-4FED-837F-48F54C9FD65D.jpeg

Also did a little more work getting my brake lines finished up.
image.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Hopefully I won’t regret this, but I picked up a remanufactured steering rack from Advance, today on my way to work. I guess it’s got to be better than one that was leaking...... I just hope it lasts a while. I’ll check it out when I get home tonight!

Hopefully I won’t regret this, but I picked up a remanufactured steering rack from Advance, today on my way to work. I guess it’s got to be better than one that was leaking...... I just hope it lasts a while. I’ll check it out when I get home tonight!
It's a crap shoot honestly.. sometimes you get junk other times it actually works and doesn't leak or have tons of play. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user
i got mine from Advanced , and it's great. Just get the filter, and you can't beat them for the price.

i got mine from Advanced , and it's great. Just get the filter, and you can't beat them for the price.
Did you get the filter at Advance? Happen to have a pic, or a link to it?

Heres the one I got. Would rather it be silver, but I’ll probably just leave it, and switch out the bushings for my poly.

DA705450-5CE0-4B50-AE6A-AAFB99B2CA9B.jpeg

I almost put the steering rack in, and then remembered about the control arm bolts being a bee-atch with the rack boots in the way.
So I shifted gears, dealt with that super sticky prothane grease, and got my control arms in.
421F0688-B271-4099-BA64-A5E3F606A749.png

My question here is....... can I torque them to spec up in the air? Only the rubber needs to be pre-loaded, correct?

This probably seems trivial to most, but it feels pretty cool to me to be making progress with things going back together! Definite boost of energy for the project tonight!

Spent some time with the wire wheel on my power steering hoses too. Cleaned them up, and hit the metal with clear.
E2797DB1-A726-4F6F-A84D-8DF837D3EF2C.jpeg

Last edited:
Last night I ordered my rear parking brake cables.
I also took an inventory, or lack there-of, of what I need to finish this stage.
Full set of springs, caster/camber plates, and rear control arms are the bulk of it....... and oh yeah, wheels and tires.
Front disc splash shields, brake pads, front strut sleeve kit, front sway bar brackets and bushings, and I’m sure a few other things I’m forgetting are the little odds and ends. Even with all that, I feel like I’m getting close!

Not much to report, but got a few things taken care of that have been on my list.
The pinch welds were always a mix of primer/ red/ black. I finally got them masked off to look a little better as you look at the car. ...... and now im realizing I gotta work on that paint, as the reflection is nothing like @95steedamustang paint. Lol
Got some more paint done underneath on the torque boxes as well, while all the suspension is out.
583BC6C9-E008-48C4-B786-6C4496107F5F.png

404362C9-36C4-4471-9D8C-C2198B2AC6E5.jpeg

New parking brake cables about to go on next with some restored brackets!
image.jpg

image.jpg

It takes some time, but I like when I can restore and refinish the original brackets and hardware. This car is nothing close to original, but for some reason I enjoy these little details.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users