Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Finally a delivery of parts that weren’t on backorder.
Front splash shields, sway bar brackets and bushings, and some new dust boots for the front struts.
Now to decide if I should paint the bare metal dust shields. When I refinished the old rear shields, I painted them gray......so I’m thinking of painting these to match.
39315B6E-ACA5-4F2B-89A8-8CB3D0A3500F.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

What's the situation with the gears.....Feeling confident that everything is going good.
It’s been a few months since I’ve done it, so I have no choice but to feel good about it, and send it!
Since the front end re-build will be fresh when it finally gets back on the road, I’ll be more worried about that.
So many things have changed, or will change....... so I’m sure there will be some hiccups.

I do have tires coming tomorrow..... not they’ll do me any good. But better with me than waiting.
I did manage to get O2 sensors delivered in a day, so got them changed out. Had no idea how old they were so figured it couldn’t hurt.
E379F7BB-43FB-4E30-9BB7-31B6DF1BE600.jpeg

And two tires rolled in off the big brown truck today. Snails pace...... but I guess it’s progress.
Also got an email from MM that the springs and CC plates shipped today.
B9A4B07D-0D2D-4075-A88B-20386E56DBB6.jpeg

And while I wait for parts, I took out the steering shaft so I can clean it up and put a new rag joint on.
Im assuming this one is still original by the looks of how it is attached, and the rag joint itself is not in bad shape at all. I’m thinking more and more that maybe the 77,000 on the odometer is not a 177,000.
09A08324-DA3F-4BA3-A384-CAD19564D914.jpeg

Idle minds must play so......... I’m messing with some electrical tape again. I’m going all black wheels (whenever they are back in stock) so I’m thinking of doing a black belt stripe. Let me know what you guys think.
5C6C7903-EF85-4BA2-870C-D885D01491AE.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
This was the era of two-tone paint jobs and pin stripes. I think breaking things up with one of those compliments the lines of the car far better than a monochromatic paint job.