Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

I’ll just have to wait until I get the wheels. I feel like the belt stripe is a little too 80’s/90’s, but then again, it don’t look bad.

That put aside, I finally got some good deliveries, and I can start making some headway on getting this back on the road!

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Gettin some work done!
but....... for the life of me I can not find the new strut bolts I bought (or maybe I didn’t) :shrug: Luckily I saved the old ones. I’ll get those switched out when I either find them or order more.
C596EE5C-3E69-411B-858E-21022098D2F6.png

31124A1B-B112-4DE0-9551-479CAA7BEBD1.jpeg

• Drool
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
So close.... I can not wait!!!
7F3CF06F-16D9-43DE-B910-B1818C3EFF83.jpeg

and yes...... those are my golf shoes in the background :)
........ and yes, I still need to decide on some brake pads.

• Love
So close.... I can not wait!!!
7F3CF06F-16D9-43DE-B910-B1818C3EFF83.jpeg

and yes...... those are my golf shoes in the background :)
........ and yes, I still need to decide on some brake pads.
You also need to swap the rotors
The vanes on the rotor are supposed to face the other way. I know the freakin thing is labeled as passenger side, but every other thing you read about slotted rotors tell you that that is a driver side rotor.

The vanes on the rotor are supposed to face the other way. I know the freakin thing is labeled as passenger side, but every other thing you read about slotted rotors tell you that that is a driver side rotor.
Are there curved vanes inside that make a difference? With the slots and holes, I doubt it matters which way the pads pass gas.

I’ve seen other mfgs. call for them the other way, but should I question what this one calls for? Was it a Friday at 4:50pm for the guy that applies the stickers..... and I happened to get both of his wrong stickers in my order?

I can’t tell you how much second guessing i do on this thing already...... now I’m second guessing the labels on my rotors because of “do it thrice Mike” :shrug:

Gettin some work done!
but....... for the life of me I can not find the new strut bolts I bought (or maybe I didn’t) :shrug: Luckily I saved the old ones. I’ll get those switched out when I either find them or order more.
C596EE5C-3E69-411B-858E-21022098D2F6.png

31124A1B-B112-4DE0-9551-479CAA7BEBD1.jpeg
In the last picture, how is the BBK cai tube to strut tower clearance? Does it rub? When I last changed the TB, I ended up with the top tube pushed over as far as it can go for tower clearance. I have plans on trimming 1\4 -3\8" on the pipe to let the hose have some flex room if the mounts wiggle. but not until it has to come apart again.

Last edited:
image.jpg

I have about a 1/4” of clearance. You definitely need to push,
and tighten as you go along, to keep the clearance once it’s at the final position.

Attachments

• 6FF0BAB7-C010-4F7E-AC4E-7E4BF1C5DFD2.png
    6FF0BAB7-C010-4F7E-AC4E-7E4BF1C5DFD2.png
    3 MB · Views: 56
  • Useful
And for every one of those, you can find another telling you something exactly the opposite.
1630498288883.jpeg

1630499001198.jpeg

From what I understand, it should be more about the vanes inside the rotor that indicate which way the thing should go. If those vanes are oriented correctly they act like a water wheel, only instead of water, “ scoop” up cooling air that flows into the rotor, and back out through all of those tiny holes. Think of it this way, turn a fan blade backwards, but spin it the way it was supposed to spin…..it don’t work too good.
I pulled this pic randomly off the internet, and even it is giving contradictory info…Just dig around though,…for every one that’s right, you’ll find another that says it’s wrong.
At 50/50…it just doesn’t matter in the end I guess.

Last edited:
Just from personal experience running Stoptech brakes on my old AI car, the picture Mike posted is the "correct" way. I can also tell you from experience, it makes almost no difference which way you install them.

1630499048119.png

Mike noticed my rotors were on the wrong side, despite the fact the seller on eBay noted the way I had them. I swapped sides so vanes are as he pictured. I even argued with him about it...but now it looks better and calms my inner OCD.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ll bet it doesn’t make one rats red bunion hole of a difference…but there’s alway a right and wrong way to do something. I’d think you’d wanna do the right thing.
I’m going with the stickers that were applied to my rotors. Chances are, they won’t ever see the speed, and braking from that speed, to make a difference........ but they look cool! :)