Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

ED480270-3780-4256-85BB-1F1A21E097C2.jpeg

How I’ll do it, I’m not sure, but the USA flag will be well represented when this intake goes on!! Just messed around with some Sharpie for now.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So, I’ve had two new rear tailpipe brackets and hangers on the workbench for some time now. It’s just been one of those things where in the back of my head, I’m thinking…… I hate messing with this exhaust, so just leave well enough alone. The drivers side was missing the locating tab on the bracket, so I just had it cinched down with a lock washer. But over time, the pipe would move and annoy the crap out of me. I’d have to shift it, and retighten the bolt.
Finally on Sunday morning I decided to tackle this, praying I didn’t have to remove the tailpipes. Somehow I managed to get the old hangers and rubber isolators off and the new ones on (with the help of a lot of soapy water). What I was dreading doing, took me all of 25 minutes. Sometimes things work out, and the tailpipes are now more even than they’ve ever been!

Reactions: 1 users
So this post isn’t really Mustang related, but I’ll throw it here anyway. I always remember my Dad having this big green car manual on his workbench when I was a little kid.
My brother had it at his house for a while after Dad passed. My brother mentioned it to me a while ago, and being the family car guy, he thought I might want it.
It may not help me in any mechanical issues, but I’ve already had some fun reading through the pages of an almost 60 year old car repair manual. Pretty cool stuff here.
A6CEC606-E8CF-4D7E-AC83-F4400708909E.jpeg

• Surprised
Reactions: 2 users
On the Mustang front…… I ordered the Maximum Motorsport strut tower brace, but it’s on backorder. I felt like I needed to do something over the winter, so that was it. Now we’ll wait and see how long it takes to get here.
(I also have some K&K @95steedamustang inner fender panels paid and coming at some point….. but that project is at least early fall 2023)
As much as I love spring and summer….
Looking forward to next winter already. lol

Last edited:
Here and there I’ve been spending time cleaning up the lower Explorer intake that I’ve had on the shelf for a while. Needs more work, but it’s getting there.
B13794E1-740B-4042-B8A5-554C4D538462.jpeg

C99AD905-4E80-47D9-BA4F-4015E116D48D.jpeg

Also wondering, should I bother trying to remove that tray on the bottom to get the whole thing cleaned up? Or is not worth the effort? It is pretty gunked up underneath it.

Last edited:
I ordered my 3g alternator upgrade tonight (flat black alternator).
That, and whenever MM decides to ship the strut tower brace that I ordered, I’ve got some cool little projects for this summer! Gotta have something to keep me busy when I’m not working on the house!!

When i had Tmoss port my explorer lower, he pulled the rivets on that baffle plate, and then drilled and tapped for 1/4-20 and locktited them in.

The explorer baffle is the one to have. It's larger and better prevents oil consumption that a lot of the OE and catalog GT40/Cobra intakes had.

I ordered my 3g alternator upgrade tonight (flat black alternator).
That, and whenever MM decides to ship the strut tower brace that I ordered, I’ve got some cool little projects for this summer! Gotta have something to keep me busy when I’m not working on the house!!
Where did you order from? I pieced mine together mostly from ebay and came out way cheaper than the LMR kit.

Where did you order from? I pieced mine together mostly from ebay and came out way cheaper than the LMR kit.
I’ve gone the eBay used parts route with a lot of this build, but on this one I caved, and I did order the kit from LMR.

It was kind of a “just scrolling through, looking at parts” spur of the moment purchase.

Sometimes I have to do that, or I’ll come up with a reason why I shouldn’t buy it.

Parts are here. I’ve been reading all the 3g threads on here deciding how to proceed. Eliminate the black and orange wires or use them with the new power wire?? I would think to not use them since they are not fused enough.

Is the 200 amp megafuse too much? I’m thinking 150 at most….. maybe 125??? Did LMR get this wrong here?

@JRichter knowledge is all over this topic!! God bless and thank you!

What say you guys? @Mustang5L5 what’s your thoughts on the fuse size?

And yes….. that’s my Bosch impact/screw gun that @Noobz347 recommended in the pic! Awesome tool! Ton of use already.
F352BB42-77CC-453C-9EDE-5B2DEF12746A.jpeg

Cut, and tape back the orange/black wires. They are #10 and will not handle the load of the new alt. You must leave the single wire connected at the starter solenoid end as it feeds the voltage regulator.

With #4 wire, you want a 125A fuse. I run this

LMR sticks a 200A in there? That’s a bit too much

Parts are here. I’ve been reading all the 3g threads on here deciding how to proceed. Eliminate the black and orange wires or use them with the new power wire?? I would think to not use them since they are not fused enough.

Is the 200 amp megafuse too much? I’m thinking 150 at most….. maybe 125??? Did LMR get this wrong here?

@JRichter knowledge is all over this topic!! God bless and thank you!

What say you guys? @Mustang5L5 what’s your thoughts on the fuse size?

And yes….. that’s my Bosch impact/screw gun that @Noobz347 recommended in the pic! Awesome tool! Ton of use already.
F352BB42-77CC-453C-9EDE-5B2DEF12746A.jpeg
If you put a battery in it, you don't have to turn it by hand. :)

• Haha
Cut, and tape back the orange/black wires. They are #10 and will not handle the load of the new alt. You must leave the single wire connected at the starter solenoid end as it feeds the voltage regulator.

With #4 wire, you want a 125A fuse. I run this

LMR sticks a 200A in there? That’s a bit too much
So, if you remember, I eliminated the starter solenoid and used a junction block and a regular relay.
Eliminating the black/orange, my new power wire from the alternator would just got that junction block, correct?