Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

K member mostly painted. The underside needs a little more but I ran out of paint!
AC9FFF42-222D-420C-B6DF-C045FE070148.jpeg

And once I get another pair of hands to help lift this, I can get my workbench back!
3BB40D7E-5B16-42F8-8C6A-D1D32675B9A3.jpeg
Who puts a blanket on the workbench before working on a differential?
Were you taking glamor shots of this since it will never be seen again?

• Sponsors (?)

Who puts a blanket on the workbench before working on a differential?
Were you taking glamor shots of this since it will never be seen again?
I do! Once I spent the time painting it, I wasn’t going to scratch it all up before it even got on the car. And I’m sure I’ll see it again.

• Happy
Reactions: 1 user
So as I progress on this project, I’ve decided to just order a few parts each month, while I fix, clean, and paint a bunch of the little stuff along the way.
Today, as I order this months haul, Maximum Motorsports got me with their odd $147 free shipping threshold.
I ordered my rear upper control arms, as well as the front coil spring install tool. I wasn’t at the $147, but with shipping charge I was pretty close! Hell...... I may as well get something for my money. Steering rack bushings, a t-shirt, and a $1 decal...... and I got my damn free shipping! Lol

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
I actually like their T shirt. I wear it all the time and out in public I’ve had a few people stop me and strike up a convo on Mustangs.

I did buy the plate frame too

Got oil pan dropped tonight. It’s gonna take some work to get the outside of it degreased and ready for paint...... but the inside looked pretty damn good!

There was a small bit of sludge under the front drain plug from what doesn’t drain out from there, but other than that, I didn’t see anything to be too concerned about!
434B67CE-81C6-41BD-9E6B-58A2B1622C20.jpeg

and after some searching....... are they kidding me with the $30 plus, price tag on the oil level sender gasket....... just the gasket!!!!!! This one may be getting some black RTV, and put back in!

• Surprised
Reactions: 2 users
Snuck out to the garage this morning before we went and did Easter with the family. Got some more work done on the oil pan. Sealing flange all cleaned up, and some sanding on the big side, getting ready for paint. Still some work to do!

45DA7E5C-CF1B-4686-BDDD-77113D5AA706.jpeg

57ABF524-11B8-4DB4-8CB4-9ACE0107C4B6.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I’m sure there’s another thread here for this crap somewhere........ but this is what’s taking some of my time away from the stang right now. Re-doing a half bath off the back of the house. Tiled the wall that will have a pedestal sink. The other walls will get paint. Work in progress, but we’re getting there.
B2BC0F32-9C08-43A0-BDB0-20E1FCA10A73.jpeg
8A23B806-50AE-4B3E-91BF-BCDD73F5F4BB.jpeg
059808B3-A45C-4D9B-896E-B3823721F425.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
So, I kind of took the easy route with this oil pan. I was going to go nuts on it until it was all shiny metal, but...... didn’t happen.
I hit some spots with Rust Reformer, then threw a coat of primer on it. I’ll paint it later today. It’s just got to get me to whenever I pull this motor, and then I’ll give it a new pan.
Things need to start going back together instead of coming apart!! That “scope creep” that @Mustang5L5 speaks of is true, and can really grab a hold of you if you let it! Lol
D2385312-EDE4-46E7-8892-C2452990369A.jpeg

Went with the same gray I used on the k member...... so I can see the new leaks when they appear!
D031C808-FECF-465A-9A0A-196ED044D031.jpeg
Got all the bolts cleaned up and painted too. Had one bolt/stud at front driver side, but nothing was connected to the stud. Not sure what that was for originally?
05E78A62-DFC2-4580-86CA-C3C2B799FE45.jpeg

Last edited:
Got oil pan dropped tonight. It’s gonna take some work to get the outside of it degreased and ready for paint...... but the inside looked pretty damn good!

There was a small bit of sludge under the front drain plug from what doesn’t drain out from there, but other than that, I didn’t see anything to be too concerned about!
434B67CE-81C6-41BD-9E6B-58A2B1622C20.jpeg

and after some searching....... are they kidding me with the $30 plus, price tag on the oil level sender gasket....... just the gasket!!!!!! This one may be getting some black RTV, and put back in!
I probably did not see this fast enough. Ace and auto parts stores often have different gasket materials in rolls. A compass and new exacto blade can make lot of gaskets.