Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

• Sponsors (?)

So what did you go with for springs? The light blue MM springs that came with my 91 looked good that low, but scraped the bottom of the car very easily. It handled and rode like a slot car. Poly insulators on both ends of all 4 springs might have given some height and not as harsh of a ride. I am much happier driving with FMS B springs.

Thank you @CarCrazyRDM . Your write up on the rear caliper rebuild helped me out immensely today!

It took quite a while to fab up the socket so it would do its job, but I got it done. One down, one to go!

I’ll need some touch up on the paint. That parking brake spring was one tough SOB

image.jpg

B536282C-A754-4B21-B351-6F3464430D50.jpeg

Here’s where I came from on these
F32E67C1-F936-4904-9D96-DBA406CE1857.jpeg

0F8A0A24-CF83-404F-ADE1-EEBC67EADBC6.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Got some eBay dust shields for the rear. Cleaned them up and threw some gray paint on (had some rust spots that I don’t want coming back). I’ll decide before they go on if I want to do the aluminum paint, or leave them like this.
63D10391-B602-4971-8E46-7C9B703DFB47.jpeg

9168CD22-E4AA-4AE3-9FC9-B283170FDD5D.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
20181014_224009.jpg
Went through same thing deciding on type of springs and eventually chose Eibach pro's, not a daily but happy with ride and height
Very nice! I remember seeing that pic of your cat a while ago, and thought that stance was perfect! Whenever it will be, I don’t know, but when it is, Eibach pro’s will be the choice.

Very nice! I remember seeing that pic of your cat a while ago, and thought that stance was perfect! Whenever it will be, I don’t know, but when it is, Eibach pro’s will be the choice.
I was pretty torn between the different makes of lowering springs and very seriously considered coilovers, even though the coilovers are adjustable in height and may even ride better I just couldn't justify the price for the amount I actually use the car. The Eibach pro's together with Koni str.t struts and shocks have done a pretty good job. Good luck with your project and thanks for the compliment. :D

So before I mess it up again this winter, I figured I should clean up the garage. That led to finding another gallon of gray epoxy floor paint, which led me to cleaning around the edges, which will lead me to painting it tomorrow. It’s not going to be @Reddevil91 quality, but it’ll look better for a while at least!
779985AC-854A-4D28-BA88-10B797963C4B.jpeg

Stay tuned..... I’ll be back tomorrow with more pics!

That gray stuff will keep the concrete dust down, but I wish it stuck better. Using TSP first will help with the oil spots.
I wanted an epoxy finish on my last garage floor, but did not want to acid wash the concrete and have it possibly hurt the wall framing. So I used something like this.

That gray stuff will keep the concrete dust down, but I wish it stuck better. Using TSP first will help with the oil spots.
I wanted an epoxy finish on my last garage floor, but did not want to acid wash the concrete and have it possibly hurt the wall framing. So I used something like this.
My wife and I were trying to remember how long ago I put this down. It’s probably close to ten years. It should have been redone a few years ago, but overall it’s been pretty good. I basically just scrub brushed it with oil eater before I did it back then. Doing the same thing now.
If I ever decide to go with a higher end finish, I’ll definitely step up the prep work.
Here what I used, and will be using again for now..
image.jpg

That looks similar to what I used from Menards. It stuck best to my new concrete than my dad’s seasoned floor. It mainly came up or discolored where the tires set repeatedly. It was worth doing for ease of clean up.

That looks similar to what I used from Menards. It stuck best to my new concrete than my dad’s seasoned floor. It mainly came up or discolored where the tires set repeatedly. It was worth doing for ease of clean up.
Agreed. I have two strips of peeled up paint on my wife’s side where the tires ride. Between the hot tires, and the salt in the winter, you can’t win. I’ve been debating on getting those rubber strips for her side of the garage to preserve this paint job a little longer. We’ll see.