Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

I guess your talking as a pre paint step? I pretty much live at the Lowdepot, so what’s one more run!!
Yes but the most important thing is cleaning up the oil and grease from the floor, I would take some 'oil dry' granules and a flat piece of cement block and grind the granules into the floor where the oil stains are. Wash down with soap and water and let dry, a leaf blower helps. If water beads up on the concrete the epoxy will not stick.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Yes but the most important thing is cleaning up the oil and grease from the floor, I would take some 'oil dry' granules and a flat piece of cement block and grind the granules into the floor where the oil stains are. Wash down with soap and water and let dry, a leaf blower helps. If water beads up on the concrete the epoxy will not stick.
Yep, last time I did it I used Oil Eater, and the leaf blower to dry.
The one spot that gets oil all the time under the Mustang is pretty clean. I wipe it every time the car is out. I’m pretty confident I’ll get it good and clean, and it it’ll last me a few more years!!
Maybe I’ll finally get the leaks fixed in the Mustang so the floor won’t be a problem.:shrug:

• Agree
So before I mess it up again this winter, I figured I should clean up the garage. That led to finding another gallon of gray epoxy floor paint, which led me to cleaning around the edges, which will lead me to painting it tomorrow. It’s not going to be @Reddevil91 quality, but it’ll look better for a while at least!
779985AC-854A-4D28-BA88-10B797963C4B.jpeg

Stay tuned..... I’ll be back tomorrow with more pics!
Nice!! Yeah I used the etch that came in the kit plus I bought an extra. Degreased and scrubbed first, cleaned up some paint someone had dropped previously. Then etched a couple of times. Made a huge difference. I then used this primer and laid down a good coat even though the floor was never painted or coated etc. , followed it the next day with the epoxy. Don’t do what I did lol and start laying down the paint or epoxy and with the garage doors down and drinking whiskey with no ventilation bc it makes you get kinda whacked out!!!
4CABEB55-B3F1-4018-A123-0161F8E4C140.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Cleaned it up this morning, and then got two more coats of paint down. It’ll peel and chip like last time, but I’ll get a few years out of it!
B8EAD9C5-94FF-4510-88A9-11B1FE2A802C.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Cleaned it up this morning, and then got two more coats of paint down. It’ll peel and chip like last time, but I’ll get a few years out of it!
B8EAD9C5-94FF-4510-88A9-11B1FE2A802C.jpeg
Thats a good looking garage Dub! Makes me want to go through mine! My garage definitely needs some attention. Someone painted my garage floor before i bought my house and its been peeling every since.

Thats a good looking garage Dub! Makes me want to go through mine! My garage definitely needs some attention. Someone painted my garage floor before i bought my house and its been peeling every since.
Thanks man! It was way overdue. I’m thinking it was probably 10 years ago that I painted the floor the first time. With all the dirty work I was doing on the car, the whole garage cleanliness got neglected for a while.

Did you build those cabinets?
Yeah. They’re just 2x2 skeletons, wrapped in plywood. Then I trimmed them out in some 3/4x 2 pine strips. The bottom I just used strips of the leftover plywood to trim it.
Poly’d all the uppers. Never got the bottoms done. Now I’m debating on painting them like the cabinet on the right with the Blue/white with the red trim.

Yeah. They’re just 2x2 skeletons, wrapped in plywood. Then I trimmed them out in some 3/4x 2 pine strips. The bottom I just used strips of the leftover plywood to trim it.
Poly’d all the uppers. Never got the bottoms done. Now I’m debating on painting them like the cabinet on the right with the Blue/white with the red trim.
Looking good man

Filled up the tank, put in the Sta-Bil and pulled it in the garage.
My goal was end of October to start on pulling rear end out, so I already missed that. Hopefully I’ll find some time to get started soon!

How did you get those rims so clean , and polished. A buffing wheel like Gravydog did. I have some on the side of my house that I might be willing to clean up. They make the car look nice
They were pretty bad when I bought the car. I used this stuff called Ibiz metal polish (after some real good cleaning with soap and water, and Simple Green).
It was a PITA, but have stayed pretty good since then.

Are you doing Traction-Lok work.
When I bought the car, he gave me a set of 3:73 gears and all new clutches for traction loc.
I’m going to clean up/ paint the housing, attempt to do the gear install, and then continue with my planned 5-lug swap..... assuming I don’t ruin things attempting to do the swap.