Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - window motor working again!

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
I am interested in how his gears worked out. Being the first time for him, and garage done makes it impressive. I would love to make an attempt at it since it is a big power improvement, and he saved probably six to eight hundred.
Right now I probably only have about 200-300 miles on them. Maybe not even that much. Haven’t driven much this winter, but when I have, I notice no unusual sound or knocking, so I think I’m pretty good. Once the weather warms, and I get a few more good runs, I’m going to pull the cover and see what’s really going on inside. Hopefully it’s good news!
Between my time, and the tools I bought, I’m not sure how much I saved, but I do have that “I did it myself” story to tell, and that’s worth it for me.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors(?)

Rdub6

Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
Thinking about finally doing the 3g upgrade on the alternator. As much as I’d love to give LMR $250, I think this one from Rock Auto might do it? I searched 1994 Mustang with 5.0. Am I on the right track?
57CC043A-E71C-442F-A4BE-CDDF76E056F7.png

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
The LMR alternator is likely the same thing in a different box

Just grab a 1994 alt. I’m using a Bosch unit as it was labeled as being new and not a reman.

Rdub6

Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY

Just grab a 1994 alt. I’m using a Bosch unit as it was labeled as being new and not a reman.
Yep….. this AC Delco is a new one. I know it’s probably all the same crap…… but I feel like AC Delco was the best name to go with from the choices they had.

Rdub6

Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY

Not sure if you remember, but I eliminated my starter solenoid when I went to the mini starter, and did my wire tuck. I have the power block, and the regular 30amp relay now (triggers the starter mounted solenoid). When doing the 3g, I would just use the power block instead of the hot side of the original solenoid? Just kind of talking out loud and looking for confirmation.

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Yup. Just run your 4G wire from the alt to the power block. It’s exactly how I did mine as well.

Rdub6

Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
I never had a mullet, I had a 'shag' haircut.
I'm already a member of the 'box head club', I think I'm the only one left though.
Ima hafta dig up a old pic of myself with my ‘65 stang. No doubt I’ll have a mullet in the pic! Stay tuned!

Reactions: 1 users