Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

Every time I read about someone's stang they take great care of,replace parts with new ones and rarely drive them only to have stuff go wrong.
Well I just have to give thanks to God for being blessed everyday I drive my stang. Five more days makes 15 years that I have daily drove my stang.
Sure I replaced a lot of parts, but only once have I had to miss work and tow her home. I may not have all I want but I want all I have.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

And on the advice of @1hot87gt and @Mustang5L5 I got rid of the 3M Velcro, and screwed in my fire extinguisher for a more secure mount.
E98C2458-807C-47B6-9D78-57E28A761802.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
So I decided to take a look at my window motor today. Disconnected the motor and had power at connector while operating the switch.
Pulled the motor out, connected it straight to the battery and of course it works. Put it back on and all is good. I guess I’ll just order one so I have it, in case this happens again.
Looking back, I realized I never changed the driver side motor, it was the passenger side that I changed. Good thing I write things down! We’ll see how long this lasts again!!

The drivers side window on my Saleen would get stuck down every once in a while when I would run it straight down to the stop. I took it all apart like 3 times and could never find the problem. The last time it did it I took the door panel off and tapped the regulator and it went up. Not sure what the issue causing it to get stuck but after that I stopped running the window down In one shot. I stop almost till it is down and then I bump it slowly the rest of the way. Have not had an issue since.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Took the car for a nice ride today. Really just been enjoying driving it lately!
I made a spare tire cover from some 1/4 mdf a while ago, but right now I have no spare. I hear the thing rattling constantly. Should I use some thicker material, or any suggestions on securing it? I had it velcro’d down before I did Kilmat, but I’m leary of attaching the Velcro back to the thin foil on the Kilmat. I feel like it will pull the foil off if I need to remove the cover. Maybe some 1/2” foam insulation around the perimeter of the board?
Long winded post for a real minor issue, I know! Lol

Way back when I was working at the Auto Glass shop, we found that the armatures ( power window motors) would get flat spots on them in the up or down position and not work..... Pulling up or pushing down on the glass ( if you can get a hold of it) will sometimes move it enough for it to work, at least to get it up when it starts raining.......

I’ll try that. It fit nice when I first did it, but I think the lack of the spare is causing it to “belly” and not fitting as well. Just an annoyance right now…… I’ll get it!

Find some Styrofoam like they use for packaging a tv and carve it to fit between the board and the bottom of the tire well, hot glue one end to the board and some foam to the other.
the factory uses Styrofoam between the spare and cover on some vehicles.

Rdub6. Had my car out too on Wednesday. Went to the cruise night at East Wind. Wife and daughter came along. Was a great night. Maybe I’ll see you there one of these Wednesdays. Message me if you plan on going to one.

Find some Styrofoam like they use for packaging a tv and carve it to fit between the board and the bottom of the tire well, hot glue one end to the board and some foam to the other.
the factory uses Styrofoam between the spare and cover on some vehicles.
Cleaning up in the garage tonight and I came across a roll of pipe insulation. This should do the trick on the spare tire cover to keep it quiet!
A748A5A1-40EC-4350-B9D1-456BDA676D96.jpeg

And while I’m here, I’ll give a shout out to @1hot87gt ,who I met at a show this weekend. What a beautiful, clean car he has…… with tons of power to boot!
Was pretty cool to make a Stangnet connection! :rock:

Reactions: 1 users