Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

• Sponsors (?)

Did some prep work on the door handles tonight. Need more paint. I’ve been using the Rustoleum Trim and Bumper paint and I like it. I know SEM is the favorite here, but this stuff does a nice job IMO.
Went to Ace and Auto Zone- both out of stock. I’ll have to run to the depot when I get a chance so I can finish this up!
Hopefully red scotchbrite was enough of a scuff on these parts?
DDF9CB2F-106E-4F0A-8DC2-580CAEC9512D.png

Reactions: 1 user
I know they all look like this, but I’m so glad I got rid of the body color on these mirrors and handles! Ties in nicely with the black 5.0 badges I added a while ago.
5 lugs, bigger brakes and some black wheels, and I’ll be done.......... nope, never done!
EC82DB79-6209-437D-B918-A6ADED00FE7F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
Picked up a nice matching pair of the inside mirror bezels on eBay. Painted them and they went in with the mirrors when I reinstalled.
CC9CFC6C-833B-4DAE-BC40-896BD54589E3.png

Here is what was there:
image.jpg

If anybody needs a good 79-86 (driver side) or an 87 up (passenger) with an extra hole in it, let me know.

Reactions: 1 users
I know they all look like this, but I’m so glad I got rid of the body color on these mirrors and handles! Ties in nicely with the black 5.0 badges I added a while ago.
5 lugs, bigger brakes and some black wheels, and I’ll be done.......... nope, never done!
EC82DB79-6209-437D-B918-A6ADED00FE7F.jpeg
@Rdub6, since your at it, those lock cylinders should be black too! ;) Looks good!

@Rdub6, since your at it, those lock cylinders should be black too! ;) Looks good!

Since you’re in the business, would you recommend the same “trim” paint to be used for the lock cylinders if I do paint them? Or something better? I just don’t want to see it peeling or chipping off in a week!
Scuff them with the red scotchbrite and spray?

Been doing a lot of research on springs lately. I’m going after this 5 lug/brake upgrade/ lowering thing, and I want to do it right!
I know the Eibach pro kit and the H&R sports from MM are two quality kits. But I keep seeing pics of @Mstng93SSP cars with the Eibachs. From the pics I see, the ride height is pretty much the same on all three, and they look perfect! So I can figure that’s what I’d get as well! Unless someone can tell me I’d get the exact same look with the H&R (for $50 less) I think I’ve made up my mind on springs!

In the meantime, I had these shipped to my doorstep. I have to say I was a little skeptical at first about almost $200 for these. But after seeing them, they are solid, well made, and all hardware, including brake line adapters included! Money well spent on North Race Car brackets!
2C3A881F-7173-4969-9D13-D636A9DE118C.jpeg

These things have been around since Christ was a corporal and in all of that time, I've never heard a disparaging word about them.

Reactions: 1 user
A while back I took the nasty looking map pocket off of the passenger side, and just put the back part of it back on (pretty much a map pocket delete, but it still has the button).
Today I finally got around to doing the drivers side!
8E176B05-3902-49F1-AB20-681BDB6F24AB.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users