Progress Thread 2nd Fox Body - some window trim work!

So right now, I’m thinking that the bump in the hood where the latch is, is not fitting into the opening of the panel. I’m pretty sure if I open up the panel a little more I’ll be good to go. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get a few minutes to fire up the Dremel and get this done, cause I really like the look of that ugly space being covered up.
EE290D8D-3B47-4AB2-9E24-BE707A6C6757.jpeg

627CA09E-0257-4528-92F9-2D1FD4DBAE42.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

So right now, I’m thinking that the bump in the hood where the latch is, is not fitting into the opening of the panel. I’m pretty sure if I open up the panel a little more I’ll be good to go. Hopefully tomorrow I’ll get a few minutes to fire up the Dremel and get this done, cause I really like the look of that ugly space being covered up.
EE290D8D-3B47-4AB2-9E24-BE707A6C6757.jpeg

627CA09E-0257-4528-92F9-2D1FD4DBAE42.jpeg
Hope you get it!

Got to spend a little time on the car today, and I have the Scott Rod panel fitting to where if I drop the hood from about 8” it will close.
If I let it down slow to catch the first latch and then then try to press it shut, it won’t catch (it used to before this piece was installed)
It took a good bit of cutting on the opening of the panel to get it this far, so I’m headed in the right direction.
My worry is that when I install the Redline hood struts, I won’t be able to “drop” the hood to get it to latch, so I definitely need some more fine tuning somewhere.

All that said…… I’m liking how it looks so far:
C9B6EE8B-6FA3-4F91-8970-883EC355D936.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Redline hood struts are in, Scott Rod panel trimmed, and hood is latching fine.
I still need to cut the squares out so I can get the hood bumpers back in. After that I’m going to take the radiator hold down, and the Scott Rod panel and paint them all the same color black. They are noticeably different in person.
I may also spray the piece of the nose that runs across behind the headlights, across the latch area and over to the other side. Right now there is some red peaking through that I’m not crazy about.
0C46680C-EE9D-4214-B897-59F422080355.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Looks great! Might try it again, I know they have you provide dimensions so I might add 1/2" to my measurement. Will see what the summer holds.
Got to spend a little time on the car today, and I have the Scott Rod panel fitting to where if I drop the hood from about 8” it will close.
If I let it down slow to catch the first latch and then then try to press it shut, it won’t catch (it used to before this piece was installed)
It took a good bit of cutting on the opening of the panel to get it this far, so I’m headed in the right direction.
My worry is that when I install the Redline hood struts, I won’t be able to “drop” the hood to get it to latch, so I definitely need some more fine tuning somewhere.

All that said…… I’m liking how it looks so far:
C9B6EE8B-6FA3-4F91-8970-883EC355D936.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Got the squares cut for the hood bumpers, and everything is painted ready to go on!
23A48A43-8065-46BC-9A0D-B20F77FD2BE0.jpeg

And the final result - I’m pretty happy with how it all turned out!

4856920E-983E-4095-86AA-E5B86237CB6E.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just another note…… I had always like the Rustoleum Trim and Bumper paint. I used it to redo the door handles, side view mirrors, and a bunch of trim. Always came out nice.
Of course they were out of stock where I normally get it, so I decided to try the Duplicolor Trim and Bumper from Auto Zone.
The nozzle is much more user friendly, and although it lays out in what looks like a textured pattern, it flows out and ends up laying nice and flat and smooth.
I know SEM is the go-to, but this Duplicolor worked pretty well.
image.jpg

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
I was never really crazy about the “red” color of the Motorsport wires.
Decided to go to the black.
I just bought some more paint that I did my intake with. May do the radiator hold down that color, and the two bolts black. It’s a constant chase to find the “look” I’m after. The chase will eventually lead to motor out and engine bay smooth with more Scott Rod panels.
I think that intake tube needs some black couplers too.
595BF3BB-A34D-412C-8EFA-BDAD5C32EAD2.png

5C58848B-ABB0-4A68-9DD7-0E19702CFD51.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users