302 pistons

falconater

Jan 3, 2017
Anyone know or have any 5.0 pistons that are better than stock. All I can find under $350 have a lower pin height. Even if I spend more I'm not seeing many options. I'd like to be around 10-1. Using either D0 windsor heads or gt40s, I have both.

• Sponsors (?)

Are the stock TRW forged pistons not good enough. It looks like Sealed Power makes forged replacements of these. Both standard bore and .040 over

Now that you mentioned it, I think the did switch! I have the official 5.0 manual, but it must be at the shop. I'm almost positive my '88 had hyperyouwreckedit. Anyways, I'd still be more worried about the rods.

meh... I have put 4 cars deep into the 8s this year, all with stock bottom ends with hyper pistons.. on 20+ lbs of boost.. hyper pistons are great until the tuneup cannot handle them. detonation is what kills a hyper piston. If it were a low boost or NA application i would always choose a hyper piston over a forged for longevity.

Ford Motorsports clearanced all of the replacement pistons for the their old 340 hp .040 over 2 eyebrow Mahle forged pistons and rings . I bought a set from a Ford dealer in Daytona Beach, fl. I paid $ 140.00 for the set. 2 years ago. They are around ,you just have to check with the Ford Motorsports dealers to see if they still have any left.
They are 10.5 to 1 with a 60cc head and a zero deck height block. I just sold a set with Scat rods for 200 bucks. Had 4 1/8 th mile passes.
20171020_152849.jpg