347 fox value

nards444

Feb 18, 2020
NY
Looking to downsize two cars into one and the Fox might be on the block. Can’t find a lot out there right now to compare.

what I have is a true GT 89. Has a 347 stroker in it with maybe 1000miles on the new build. Other than that the car appears to be stock. Body has no rust but has a diy paint job on it which needs to be done. A few other small odds and ends crap with it that needs to be tinkered with.

my thought is the engine is 6-7k new all day and rollers even ok shape go for 2-4. Seems a Fox in ok shape stock easily commands 5-7k. I’m thinking because of the motor this should be an easy sell at 9-10k. Am I off base. Seems with a paint job I could be asking 15-25k

• Sponsors (?)

How many miles on the body? Rust? Any paperwork on the 347 or a home job? How's the interior? What's deleted off the car? Need pics to also assess the quality of work.

Realistically, anywhere from $5000-15000. Really need a lot more information to narrow it down. You're a little vague at the moment, but paint isn't cheap so to get a decent paint job might be $5K or more depending on where you are.

How many miles on the body? Rust? Any paperwork on the 347 or a home job? How's the interior? What's deleted off the car? Need pics to also assess the quality of work.

Realistically, anywhere from $5000-15000. Really need a lot more information to narrow it down. You're a little vague at the moment, but paint isn't cheap so to get a decent paint job might be $5K or more depending on where you are.

ODO says 68k, not sure if it flipped. No rust, towers are clean. Really no body work to be done other than either replace or fix a crack in the rear bumper. heat and AC are both deleted. Engine was done by a shop have the receipt at least showing that and have talked to the shop, its put down 368 at the wheel with a dyno, shop guy told me he thought the engine from what he remembered fell somewhere between 450-500hp at the crank, which I can believe as the dyno was done by the older owner and given parasitic loss its at least a 425 hp build. Its one of those paint jobs that in pics, 10 ft away or at night looks fine, but clearly needs it

Attachments

• IMG_3320.JPG
    IMG_3320.JPG
    98.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_3321.JPG
    IMG_3321.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3322.JPG
    IMG_3322.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3325.PNG
    IMG_3325.PNG
    987.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3326.jpg
    IMG_3326.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 71
That car is in decent shape. I don't know if I could put a price on it though. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Kurt
No it really is for being its age. One of two ways to go with it touch up the few spots and run it, or paint. Like I said it looks good in pics and from 10ft away, not a mint car by any means. I have been tackling odd things with it, but everything works short of a few naggers, the power locks dont work, one mirror and the drivers door needs an adjustment.

No it really is for being its age. One of two ways to go with it touch up the few spots and run it, or paint. Like I said it looks good in pics and from 10ft away, not a mint car by any means. I have been tackling odd things with it, but everything works short of a few naggers, the power locks dont work, one mirror and the drivers door needs an adjustment.
$10k is probably the sweet spot. Address every single one of those issues and it’s easier to stick to your asking price. A/C and heat work, or is this a “race car”?

$10k is probably the sweet spot. Address every single one of those issues and it’s easier to stick to your asking price. A/C and heat work, or is this a “race car”?

No not a race car. AC delete is pretty common on these things along with the smog pump. Heat delete not as common, but the pipping is capped and can easily be hooked back up.

No not a race car. AC delete is pretty common on these things along with the smog pump. Heat delete not as common, but the pipping is capped and can easily be hooked back up.
While it may be common, it’s still a point someone is going to use to negotiate. My smog pump is gone as well, but my a/c gets used regularly.

Nobody cares about ac or heat, until they go to buy a car. They they are used as negotiating tools.

heater core bypasses would make one suspect the core leaks.

Reactions: 1 user
As well as [other] shade tree shenanigans.

Nice looking car though. If it were me and I were looking for top dollar I'd put some attention into remaining systems and ensure they all work. That includes heat and defrost even if the A/C has been removed.

Nobody cares about ac or heat, until they go to buy a car. They they are used as negotiating tools.

I think you meant "Nobody in the frozen north cares about AC, or heat (because come November all cool cars are stored away) but I would not own a car without AC. I know many who feel the same. If you want to cut your potential buyers market in half...delete that AC.

Overall, a great looking car. Is the hood stock? or one of those fiberglass riser hoods? To me, a stock car is what commands the $$$. The interior looks nice. The paint nicer than how I first imagined it after you said it was DIY.. I guess if the motor is documented built at a qualified machine shop- you can get more $$$ for the car. Not trying to talk it down at all- and these cars are getting more and more pricey, so as someone above said- it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If it were me personally, I'm looking for a car that is mostly stock/unmodded, even if that means it needs a lot of repairs. I'm looking for good bones (sounds like your car has this- not too rusty, etc.) The heater core delete seems a reminder for people who know about cars that there is some reason why this was deleted, and it probably needs the dash pulled and repair work done. Not a big deal to those of us who've done it, but, perhaps worth repairing yourself if you want to sell for top dollar.
###Edit- Oops! you sold it already!###