• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

5.0 vs 2005

  • Thread starter Thread starter Funhog
  • Start date Start date May 27, 2005
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

millhouse

Founding Member
May 14, 2002
1,985
0
46
Simpsonville, SC
Jun 11, 2005
#21
  • Jun 11, 2005
  • #21
Motorhead6T5 said:
Yes it is,I know from experience how about you?
Click to expand...

Considering I ran 13.9's with free mods...and there are numerous people that have run low 12's/high 11's with your basic h/c/i swap...yes I do.

Are you infering that a "tuned" 05' can run low 12's or better?

BTW, I was besting your times with a 200K+ mile 5.0 engine with suspension mods and intake. No h/c/i needed here.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,332
18,059
224
Massachusetts
Jun 12, 2005
#22
  • Jun 12, 2005
  • #22
gp001 said:
Forget about cars. Keep your money in the bank and study you tail off. Graduate with good grades and get a good job. Then you can buy and play with any car you want.

Best advice i can give to a college student
Click to expand...

Good advice.

I bought my '03 as a present when i graduated college with my engineering degree. Was worth the wait.


I'd keep the 5.0. Hard to find good clean examples these days. I kept mine and am glad i did. The new Mustangs are a tad bit more difficult to work on and parts are far more expensive. They can be made fast, but you are gonna have to shell out the $$$. 5.0 parts are cheaper and more plentiful. I'm not gonna go into what is the "better" car because they are totally different and everyone has their own criteria of what "better" is.
 
8

86bluecobra

Advanced Member
Dec 20, 2004
4,265
12
69
B.C. Canada
Jun 12, 2005
#23
  • Jun 12, 2005
  • #23
the 05 is such a sweet ride if i had a choice i would go for the 05 stang. mind you i may wait a couple years before i buy a new stang till they get all the bugs worked out of it.
 
S

stanmckinney

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
1,188
5
49
Jun 12, 2005
#24
  • Jun 12, 2005
  • #24
I'd save my money. That's my advice but I've never done that myself. I like older ORIGINAL Mustangs. You will never get the money back you spend on modifications. I have a 1966 convertible, completely original, and a 2005 Mustang I am slightly modifiying.
Do what pleases you the most and you can best afford. But get your college degree. Put it first.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
new member
  • markmoon
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
1
Views
109
The Welcome Wagon Jul 24, 2026
General karthief
D
Hey Ya'll from the North Georgia mountains
  • dulcimerbob
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
7
Views
177
The Welcome Wagon Sep 12, 2026
General karthief
8
87 lx 4cyl to v8 project 4 lug disc conversion questions
  • 87lx428
  • Mar 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
565
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 25, 2026
87lx428
8
G
New, 2005 Red V6 Convertible
  • Ginger2005
  • Jan 3, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
461
The Welcome Wagon Jan 4, 2026
2Blue2
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
393
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?