Progress Thread 67coupe’s 89 LX - Dyno Vid

• Sponsors (?)

The 55 Chevy gasser

C3DDFB79-2D0C-4F4A-A149-AA1D35E5C9E8.jpeg

More pics once we’re at the cruise in sites.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Day one is in the book. Left the house at 8:30 this morning. Just now got home. 150 miles today. Only reached two check points. My cheap ass frame mounted fuel pump kept over heating. Engine cut off 5 different times in traffic. In hindsight site, it was mounted too close to the exhaust. It would get hot, quit pumping enough fuel and once the bowl was empty, done. Was stuck on I- 10 twice and I-110 once. After buying a new pump and having the same thing happen again, had to relocate the fuel pump away from the exhaust. It survived the 60 mile trip home, so hopefully that was the problem.

Speaking of heat, if you come here, you’ll find out what your cooling system can handle. The roads near the checkpoints turn into parking lots. There’s over 9000 cars registered this year.

I’ll try to take more pics tomorrow. Didn’t have a chance today with all the issues.

Yeah, I’m under 50. I should know the difference between those years. Do I care about getting it wrong? Nope. Cars from that era don’t do it for me.

Reactions: 1 users
In Ocean city this morning. Probably the most popular spot of this event. Had to wait in line over 45 min to get in.

Lots of mustangs at this stop. A nice four eye.

AFE10569-D4F7-4C78-B8D6-4FFD6492126A.jpeg

Some nice classics.

FE398AC9-2A8E-4826-99DC-65C562B04742.jpeg

F5B12669-CAE8-4BDC-AC0C-DF1EE4565207.jpeg

And a badass 69.

284A962F-CEC3-4C55-8B6C-61A3ED53176D.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
Day one is in the book. Left the house at 8:30 this morning. Just now got home. 150 miles today. Only reached two check points. My cheap ass frame mounted fuel pump kept over heating. Engine cut off 5 different times in traffic. In hindsight site, it was mounted too close to the exhaust. It would get hot, quit pumping enough fuel and once the bowl was empty, done. Was stuck on I- 10 twice and I-110 once. After buying a new pump and having the same thing happen again, had to relocate the fuel pump away from the exhaust. It survived the 60 mile trip home, so hopefully that was the problem.

Speaking of heat, if you come here, you’ll find out what your cooling system can handle. The roads near the checkpoints turn into parking lots. There’s over 9000 cars registered this year.

I’ll try to take more pics tomorrow. Didn’t have a chance today with all the issues.

Yeah, I’m under 50. I should know the difference between those years. Do I care about getting it wrong? Nope. Cars from that era don’t do it for me.
I had the same thing happen to me. External pump stranded me multiple times. It doesn't matter where you put it, it will overheat due to cavitation. The only way I solved my pump problem was by buying a submersible fuel pump system, and putting it in the tank.

I had the same thing happen to me. External pump stranded me multiple times. It doesn't matter where you put it, it will overheat due to cavitation. The only way I solved my pump problem was by buying a submersible fuel pump system, and putting it in the tank.

Thats my long term plan, in tank pump. This was temporary just to get me through the event. Lesson learned though, very sensitive to heat. No issues today even through traffic was worse.