68 Coupe For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattswabb

Feb 9, 2004
If your looking for a daily driver mustang that you can jump in anytime and drive then this one is for you. Runs smooths, drives and handles great, always starts, great brakes........

1968 Mustang Coupe. $7000.00
Contact Matt Swabb 440-322-6979 or [email protected]

A new project has come up and since this car has been driven less and less over the past few years I think it's time for it to move on.

More pics at
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2407949

Cross memeber buildup with a small pic of the undercarriage
http://home.comcast.net/~grabblue65/Cross_Member.pdf

Hydraulic clutch buildup
http://home.comcast.net/~grabblue65/Hyd_Clutch.pdf

I’ve driven the car about 10,000+ miles since purchasing it in 2002. Drives very nice. Wouldn’t hesitate driving across the country. The car’s never left me stranded. Always starts, very reliable.

Stock 289 with 302 heads, possibly has a slightly more than stock cam. Previous owner said her brother rebuilt it when she got the car. No history on engine other than the miles I put on it. Performer RPM intake with a Holley 600CFM vacuum secondary carb. that has been rebuilt. No choke so you have to keep it running the 1st minute or so. Runs beautiful, no hesitation, revs nice, smooth, strong, runs fine on 87 octane. Headers with 2.5” H-pipe. Summit welded turbo mufflers. Nice sound. No tailpipes, they end at the rear axle. Engine bay is dirty from the dust of my last 2 projects. Nothing that a good cleaning won't fix. Hopefully I'll get to it soon.

T5Z tranny installed in 2003-2004 winter. Low miles and shifts great. Has a hydraulic clutch that works fine. The clutch is a diaphragm oem replacement clutch, not a performance clutch. Shifter is an older hurst shifter with stops. It has a copy of the Mustangs Plus restomod shifter and a stock mustang t5 handle is included. Drive shaft was shortened and rebalanced during the swap, new u-joints and yoke installed.

Duraspark 2 electronic ignition. Ford Motorsport wires and coil, new distributor all new in 2002.

New starter, solenoid and alternator in 2002.

4 core radiator and upper/lower hoses new in 2002. The car never gets hot. New heater core, blower motor and heater hoses in 2002.

Front brakes have been swapped to 71-73 mustang discs (2003). New calipers, pads and maverick master cylinder. Front lines were replaced at this time. Rear brakes also received new shoes and wheel cylinders.

8-inch rear was replaced 9 inch with 3.50 posi gears. The new brakes from the 8-inch were retained during this swap. Stock rear springs. The park brake does work.

Front suspension: During the brake swap both lower control arms were replaced, new tie rods installed, new strut rod bushings and sway bar end links. The car has the Shelby drop upper control arm relocation. Front springs are the 620’s with a 1” drop. KYB Gas-A-Just Shocks all 4 corners.

Export brace installed and a curved monte carlo bar is included but not installed. The holes didn't line up correctly so I didn't mess with it.

Power steering was eliminated with a manual steering adapter. The steering box is a rebuilt unit and has no slop in it.

Wheels are Enkei aluminum with decent Goodrich radial t/a’s 215/60/14’s in the front (one front is a Eagle gt) and 235/60/14’s in the rear. I also still have the stock wheels with good tires and original small hubcaps.

Interior in real nice condition. Nice seats, nice carpet, wood steering wheel, all gauges work. The radio is from an 80/90’s Ford, am/fm cassette. The radio bezel was cut to accept this radio, an unmolested bezel is included. The speaker is a dual channel stereo in dash speaker. Dash pad is in great shape. Washer reservoir is not connected but is included. Has foot pump but unsure of condition. I think it will work. Signals work and the signal cam does work so they will turn off after you make the turn. Horns do work but they were going off when I made right turns so something in the column is bad. I never checked into the problem. All lights work.

Body. Wimbledon White. Has been repainted some time in its life. I believe the car was repainted about 15 years ago. The body is in real nice shape. It does have some body work around the quarter panels in the front and rear wheel openings and front lower door corners. Typical nicks, paint is in daily driver shape. The undercarriage is in super clean shape and rust free. Floors are clean, rust free and original. Bumpers are ok; they’ve seen better days. Rear valance was damage when I backed into a wheelbarrow; a replacement (silver/gray) is included. The engine compartment is rust free. Cowl has a small leak on the drivers side. Nothing real bad. Front grill corral has been removed and will be included.

I've added plenty of pics on my cardomain site.

2407949_8_full.jpg

This is the front lower corner of the drivers door. The passengers side looks the same.
2407949_9_full.jpg

2407949_11_full.jpg

The shifter, a stock t5 handle will be included. Easily changed if you desire.
2407949_12_full.jpg

2407949_14_full.jpg

2407949_15_full.jpg

2407949_16_full.jpg

2407949_17_full.jpg

2407949_19_full.jpg

2407949_20_full.jpg

2407949_21_full.jpg

2407949_22_full.jpg

2407949_23_full.jpg

This is how clean the underside is. Untouched and original.
2407949_24_full.jpg

2407949_25_full.jpg

2407949_26_full.jpg

2407949_27_full.jpg

2407949_28_full.jpg

2407949_29_full.jpg

2407949_30_full.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.