Progress Thread Goofy fuel gauge on slow progress

Let me give you my experience,
I've replaced two sets (set for each of two cars) with what the aftermarket has available for our stangs, within weeks 3 of the four actuators failed,
The dump truck still has the originals and were used dozens of times a day, 7 days a week, all year long for most of 18 years, never missed a beat,
Go figure.

• Sponsors (?)

I know I replaced both sides soon after getting the car about ten years ago, but it is not normally used half the year. Maybe I was lucky with how long they worked.

I am posting the link to the thread and post #6 so I have the how to and can get the universal ones ready before either side goes out again.

Since I was near the scanner, here is the schematic diagram I drew up for how to wire a C.R.S. Headlight reminder from a SPDT relay and Buzzer like I bought from Amazon. (picture on different device.) The terminal below 87A is Red 30. and the top center one is a Blue 87. This uses a standard 30/40 amp 12v relay that is overkill for the buzzer, but was easy to get. Next time I'll use pen or a graphics program for something that might need scanned.
HeadlightBuzzer_0001_edited.jpg

Update, the GTS smoked bug deflector did not stand up to 70 mph wind gusts from the back of the car in the storm last evening. It broke off at the mounting screw points. I like the look, but I do not know if they are still available, and I need to see what it’s done to protect or damage the paint before I decide to replace or not.

I am going to have to give up on finding the soldering iron and get a new one to get going on the headlight reminder, stereo, gauges and cup holding console big project.

The GTS bug deflector was rubbing against the hood. One of the clear feet had blown off. I hope one pic shows the broken mounting edge and the other the rubbing area of the deflector. If I can get the paint rubbed out well, I will not be putting a new one back on.
5166C6BD-49A9-4F46-9EC4-58AC934EE97E.jpeg
5E95158F-B53D-4E44-AABD-0F5453F0BEF5.jpeg

So I went in for a diagnostic and tune up for slow starting, low power, intermittent misfiring trouble codes from the monitor, and poor balance. (Me, not my car.) The cardiologist has me changing some additives again. Now three plus years after the heart attack, he told me I needed to let him know when I was ready for a replacement unit. As only used pump assemblies are available, and rarely at that, I told him right now, I hope we could find something in the chemical isle to help me keep the original equipment pump working better.
So slow progress is expected.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Dislike
  • Surprised
Reactions: 3 users
So I went in for a diagnostic and tune up for slow starting, low power, intermittent misfiring trouble codes from the monitor, and poor balance. (Me, not my car.) The cardiologist has me changing some additives again. Now three plus years after the heart attack, he told me I needed to let him know when I was ready for a replacement unit. As only used ones are available, and rarely at that, I told him right now, I hope we could find something in the chemical isle to help me keep the original equipment pump working better.
So slow progress is expected.
So it is good I have an assistant to supervise on cooler days.

WTF are you rambling about? :shrug:

Bug deflector off of what?
Noobz, It’s not that hard to keep up with slow progress or scroll up a couple of entries to to see the deflector from my 91 LX. Maybe I will post pics of what’s left later for you. Picture of all the parts I have planned might be more interesting, except they are in boxes.

2 muc werk.

I guess the bug deflector isn't off a Mustang?
Yes. I just did not take any pictures of it attached. The LX and GT hoods take the same formed piece.

And post #66 is a metaphor about stage 3 heart failure and progress there.

Last edited:
After a bad experience with one of those deflectors I'll never put one on another vehicle. An acorn got stuck behind it and it chewed its way though the paint all the way to bare metal in one highway drive.

Sucks about the ticker. Those things are necessary. Good way to post about it though. I was trying to figure out what the hell you were talking about....and then I got it. I wish you the best on that issue man.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes. I just did not take any pictures of it attached. The LX and GT hoods take the same formed piece.

And post #66 is a metaphor about stage 3 heart failure and progress there.
I can’t believe that you had to read between the lines for him……aloud.

I went looking for the build date on the back of my glove box after seeing it on another thread. Not only did I find it and my registration, I found the parts to a glove box light I thought was missing, I hope it works with a new bulb. (Ignore all the stuff on the floor from the glove box.)
EFD752FE-0E0D-4416-A171-E0C57222ECED.jpeg
268781EB-3558-4D80-A501-271C0095CD35.jpeg
2B64DD5A-F738-4CCA-ADE3-FCCBEBA86515.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
About the Bug Deflector-
I found the pic. One of the clear, stick on bumpers had come off, and the plastic was rubbing dust into the hood. The crack looked like it started on the passenger side from a left hand helping shut the hood.
So, some more paint to do when I get the facia’s chin chips fixed. It’s deep enough that that’s not clear coat scratches that can be rubbed out.
478EB30E-C777-4FA3-85AB-A7E0ADCACB42.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow