Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

There will be more car stuff this weekend, I’ll be out there Saturday to get pictures of everything to help sell things.

While I’m there I’ll make my ‘Dave’s Pile’ of the things I took pictures of before. And do my sweet talking ways so hopefully I can load it up sometime soon.

Surely there are a set of more adult like emojis out there @Noobz347 . Now, when I say adult like, I don’t mean from the prons industry. Though that could offer new ways to respond to Mike......
:rlaugh::rlaugh:

I want to remind you of one small factor before you drive yourself crazy thinking that the universe has it in for you:

:poo: happens and we react to try and mitigate it whether it's a good thing or bad thing.

It didn't happen because we did or didn't have our cell phone etc...

So take a deep breath. Do what ya gotta do. Just don't stand there waiting for the other shoe to drop. These shoes don't come in sets and one does not have influence over the other.
I’m not one of those guys that things come in threes or any other bs like that.

I really am thankful that things worked out so perfectly for her. Every step of the way here seemed planned perfect so she wouldn’t experience a devastating stroke.

The doctor said the difference between her having to go live in a nursing home and going back to our home was dictated by how quickly she had been treated with the Alteplace.

So I’m thankful to God right now Noobz, not bemoaning my crappy luck.

I’m just worried that I’ll get hooked on soap operas while I sit here at the hospital. The horror.......the horror

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I’m not one of those guys that things come in threes or any other bs like that.

I really am thankful that things worked out so perfectly for her. Every step of the way here seemed planned perfect so she wouldn’t experience a devastating stroke.

The doctor said the difference between her having to go live in a nursing home and going back to our home was dictated by how quickly she had been treated with the Alteplace.

So I’m thankful to God right now Noobz, not bemoaning my crappy luck.

I’m just worried that I’ll get hooked on soap operas while I sit here at the hospital. The horror.......the horror
*announcer voice* Dayyyys of our Liiiives...

Who wants to start a GoFundMe for Dave's new unlimited data plan and Netflix/Directv Now/Amazon Prime accounts?

Friends don't let friends get hooked on soaps.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users
Try Law and Order SVU. Seems when my mom and dad were in the hospital that's the only thing on 24/7. My brother watched it so much when my mom was still alive and in the hospital, she would even say, YOU'RE brother must have every episode memorized. I think he likes Jane Russel's daughter is really why he watches. LOL

Man, I am really sorry to hear about your wife, but very thankful she got such quick treatment. I know in Memphis they even have a stroke ambulance. It is specially outfitted just for stroke victims.

Reactions: 1 user
I got my wife home today.

She will be spending the next couple months learning to walk again.

She’s in good spirits though, she knows it could have been way worse.

• Happy
Reactions: 7 users
As my 86 year old dad always says when I call and ask how he is doing....I'm still above ground. I hope she has a quick recovery. It's times like this when we are reminded of what is important in our lives. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family....it's been a little rough on you lately!

I'm wishing your wife a speedy recovery Dave, strokes are nothing to screw with... If you need anything, I'm a short 5 hours away!

But seriously, you've got the right attitude, and if you ever just need someone to call and go off on, cuss out like the most hated person in your life to blow off the stress I'll happily PM you my number as a relief valve... My feelings aren't easily hurt and I know from my perspective sometimes you just have to say it an be heard by someone so I'll be your safe place for what the hell ever anytime you need.

If that's not your style, I'll buy you a 6 pack next time I'm up that way. (WHERE THE HELL ARE THE SMILIEYS?):O_o::O_o:

Strokes do suck. When i had my heart issues last year the Doc said he thinks i passed a clot that went to my brain. I've been struggling with short term memory loss and other minor issues. It's hard for me to remember some of the simplest things. Its like I'm missing a spark plug or something.

They say it should get better. When i talk i sound like a fumbling idiot....

I feel like I'm nowhere near as smart or quick as i was. I'm still working ( never stopped) but I've since stepped down from my lead mechanic position. Just couldn't keep the pieces together.

I'm only 40 and will cope. They say i should recover.

Luckily i don't have any mobility problems. I'm a little more off balance, but i wasn't a ballerina anyways.

Everything I've seen here says you're a really good guy. Keep your head up and remember that you are blessed with the ability to help those that are the closest to you.

Like Mike, I'm also a minister. We can get lost in our struggles at times.... Take time to notice as many blessings as you possibly can. Even the little ones will help give you the strength to keep pushing through.

Sometimes, the greatest fulfillment in life comes from, unselfishly, helping others. When you do that.... and pick up on even the smallest blessings, you can see the mighty hand of God guiding your path.

There was an active shooter this morning at our local high school. My wife had just dropped one of my boys off at his elementary school when the first responders rushed past my wife's car.

20180320_204656.png

At some point my family and that troubled young kid were on the same road together. She had a feeling and, through that news alone, i know God was watching over us.

I'm praying for the families of the ex girlfriend he shot... the injured young man... and the school police officer that had to engage that troubled kid.

Reactions: 1 users
Strokes do suck. When i had my heart issues last year the Doc said he thinks i passed a clot that went to my brain. I've been struggling with short term memory loss and other minor issues. It's hard for me to remember some of the simplest things. Its like I'm missing a spark plug or something.

They say it should get better. When i talk i sound like a fumbling idiot....

I feel like I'm nowhere near as smart or quick as i was. I'm still working ( never stopped) but I've since stepped down from my lead mechanic position. Just couldn't keep the pieces together.

I'm only 40 and will cope. They say i should recover.

Luckily i don't have any mobility problems. I'm a little more off balance, but i wasn't a ballerina anyways.

Everything I've seen here says you're a really good guy. Keep your head up and remember that you are blessed with the ability to help those that are the closest to you.

Like Mike, I'm also a minister. We can get lost in our struggles at times.... Take time to notice as many blessings as you possibly can. Even the little ones will help give you the strength to keep pushing through.

Sometimes, the greatest fulfillment in life comes from, unselfishly, helping others. When you do that.... and pick up on even the smallest blessings, you can see the mighty hand of God guiding your path.

There was an active shooter this morning at our local high school. My wife had just dropped one of my boys off at his elementary school when the first responders rushed past my wife's car.

20180320_204656.png

At some point my family and that troubled young kid were on the same road together. She had a feeling and, through that news alone, i know God was watching over us.

I'm praying for the families of the ex girlfriend he shot... the injured young man... and the school police officer that had to engage that troubled kid.
Well dang Scott, I’m glad you’re ok. My wife has the memory loss thing as well, that got better to an extent.

Scary crap about the kids, after the Florida shooting we had psychos send out phony messages they were going to do the same at my kids high school. I let them take that day off from school. The police caught our idiot.

Let’s not leave this Noobz’ imagination, I’m not sure where that might take us.

I decided to shave the antenna. I will be putting one of those button roof antennas on the roof (eventually).

One of the bodyman here convinced me that this is so much easier than cutting out a 1.125” blank and spot welding that into the hole.

What I did was to take a small piece of scrap metal, grind around the antenna hole on both sides, smeared some of my favorite PBA on the piece, stuck it in place and pinched welded it.

I didn’t know that I could weld through PBA. I definitely just did though. In addition to added strength, the PBA will seal the bare metal. It is ferociously attached now.

Another new thing to me, an electrical charge hardens the PBA almost instantly. Kind of neat.

Pictures
FD4CF4FA-E26E-4822-8A7A-5E620A58CBFC.jpeg
CA058E2A-7B3D-4B65-9ED5-B1867A7C502D.jpeg
7297FC4B-245D-4DA4-B71D-8994D439E617.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.