Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juss....

Well.....

Do I even gotta have a reason ? :p

The box needs to say Everlast Noobz........

• Sponsors (?)

Well, that dang corvette is hanging around like a bad case of the clap. The paint is holding up great, it still looks beautiful.
9C2FF261-8890-40CA-AE87-1C8DE51E8440.jpeg

Except for......
07E9B6F8-1C48-4979-A6B0-05EFF81CB3D9.jpeg

The guy putting it together is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet, not overly motivated or it would already be reassembled, but just super nice.......and clumsy!:fuss:

A hole was poked through on the hood from a :poo:ty repair prior to me and absolute ineptness on reinstalling the light assemblies. Yay me.:cry:

So I’ll be repainting the front end in a day or two. I really, really enjoy when someone messes up my paint work.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Well, that dang corvette is hanging around like a bad case of the clap. The paint is holding up great, it still looks beautiful.

Except for......

The guy putting it together is one of the nicest people you’ll ever meet, not overly motivated or it would already be reassembled, but just super nice.......and clumsy!:fuss:

A hole was poked through on the hood from a :poo:ty repair prior to me and absolute ineptness on reinstalling the light assemblies. Yay me.:cry:

So I’ll be repainting the front end in a day or two. I really, really enjoy when someone messes up my paint work.
Now would be the time to talk him into an accent color or stripe Dave- help break up the sea of beige lol

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Except for......

Damn Dave, that sucks when :poo: like that happens. It happens in this business though, doesn’t it? I hate when a car is in final assy on a Friday afternoon and I have to call the owner and tell them it’s not going to be ready because of stuff like that, then, I’m paying for rental. That Vette looks good though man!

I thought I should bring up that I still own Booger and have real intentions of working on him soon.

Now, that out of the way, here's the first new thing for my TIG welder that I ordered (beyond a new 10lb tube of feeder wire).

The welder came with two sizes of torches, a 9 (good to 125 amps) and a 26 (good to 200 amps).

It seems most of the more knowledgeable Youtube welders recommend CK torches and have some contempt for the stock Everlast torches. Not the welder itself, mind you. They all seem to like it.

I'll give my stock 9 torch to my brother as a bonus when he gets his welder back.

Later I intend to get a 17 and a 26 CK torch as well. Too expensive for right now though.

One thing to note about this new torch is the flexible head on it. I'll be able to angle it. This will be nice for welding in the right chassis support. LOTS of different angles there.

A brief mention of the new type of hose with the new torch. It's supposed to be super light and ultra flexible. I'll give a review on it when i weld with it.

Speaking of welding, I still need to buy a gas cylinder. Dang things aren't cheap, roughly $250 for an 80 cu ft one. I believe that's the size I'll go with. I wanted a 125cf model, but those freaking cylinders are great big and heavy. Next paycheck. I'll use my brother's for now.

As for the cart? Next paycheck with the cylinder. I don't want the cheapass one from HF. Still, a good cart only sets you back around a hundred or so.

I got a bunch of honey do's to do today first (honey being the Murder house). The storms knocked down some limbs off the trees and the grass is growing crazily. Plus I bought a very nice aged ribeye and a couple of t-bones for my boys and me that I'll need to cook.

Believe me that I'm as dedicated to Booger as I've ever been, there's just a bit of slop still to clean up from my marriage first. This will be a car thread again.

Reactions: 5 users
I just ordered this cart from Eastwood. $76 with shipping....... I guess I’ll see what I got in a few days! At least I’ll have somewhere to put my bottle whenever I get a chance to get that! Reviews to come on the cart.

Except for......

Que Robert Pirsig and Douglas Adams

The CrossFirePetrolRejectionVette, your Plastic Pal thats Fun to Be With.

As a kid my neighbour had a 74 Vette, so I got to know the car real good. Great money spinner Dave.

PS, Aside from my NASA mission badges, my first imported USA part was the Mother of All Throtttle Bodies Cross Fire intake manifold I used for my mates Propane powered 350 Holden Pickup.

82-83-84-Camaro-Z28-Firebird-Corvette-Crossfire.jpg

The Rat Roaster Hot Plate intake with the twin Bathplug intake manifold is proof that it wasn't just Fawn Hill experimenting with drugs back then....

Next year the so called 1984 Corvette refused to mention Taking the 5th.

They called it a 4+3 DNE...

It was for all those Rompin' Stompin V8 lovers who were told it wasn't your right to take the 5th.

780952277282713894.jpg

Last edited:
Shiny vomit.......again........ :nonono:
0B55FE9E-FD55-49ED-8A3F-E39CF1AA8757.jpeg

Enough corvette :poo:here.
E9009D3F-9F54-43B2-9A87-5B999FC55487.gif

So I got my nice new flex head CK9 torch in and thought I’d hook it up.

It seemed simple enough, attach the hose to the dinse connector, tighten it a little and I’m good to go, right?:scratch:

So I take the dinse connector apart only to find this:nonono:. The hose has been crimped on. No nice little threaded adapter.
E59DEAEB-C2B8-402E-B7E0-BA0BAA63B625.jpeg

Did I mention this is a Chinese TIG?

Oh well, a new connector is $65. Guess I’ll get that ordered.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Except for......

Pfffft......you should be giddy then....I've been messing up your paint work for years now.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Repopping more popcorn................
Lol:rlaugh:
How's the ole coupe doing these days anyway?
Hell Mike, it's safe and sound in storage.

It's a little frustrating for me. I want to stop and work on it now, but I still have to get things fixed from all my years of wedded bliss:suicide:.

I count the time ticking away from me, believe me. I'm almost 57 now. I really want to be driving Booger by my sixtieth.

I want to lean more about my new TIG, that's a slight delay. There's all sorts of things I haven't been able to pay for due to my marriage over the years. Now I find myself getting rid of debt, buying stuff I've needed, and eating good steaks and maybe, just maybe a beer or two mixed in there.

I guess there's more to life than my fox body, but it's the most fun for me (ok, the kids too, whatever:jester:)

It'll still be this year that Booger gets worked on though.

Reactions: 6 users
My new dinse connector finally shipped. I ordered it quite awhile ago. Took Weldfabulous over a week to ship it after taking my money. Oh well, “free shipping” has it’s price too.

So, why should you care? Because I’m obsessive/compulsive.
C972ADDB-6300-42B6-B0C3-7C64FBBAD1E9.jpeg

I had to get this connector before I could practice with my new welder.

Next step will be to bring Booger to The Murder House.

So, maybe two weeks and I’ll be playing with my car instead of looking at memes :nonono: .
73A8C528-CA1E-425B-89DF-35B19F486F49.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.