Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

So work this week has been a blast.

A lot of us have been going through the bake cycle I guess.

I've been fine all week, dealing with the heat like I was a boy in my twenties again......

Now the weekend......the 57 year old shows himself! Lol. I've been shaky and queasy feeling the whole day.

It's the 50th anniversary of Neil walking on the moon today, so after grocery shopping and a little grilling, I've decided to sit on my prodigious butt and rest and watch Apollo stuff on tv. I was a fascinated boy when he made his first step on the moon. Funny how it's still emotional after all these years.

Tomorrow I'll be up early and emptying the garage so I can work on Booger in sincerity. For you that wake early, you'll hear from me and any refreshments I have available before most normal humans are around.

• Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
Reactions: 8 users
11 days and no update. What are we to do for entertainment.

I don't know if you're aware of it, but Bill Whittle did a podcast/youtube 4 episode 1+ hour series named 'What we saw' where he talked about the Space Race and Apollo Moon Landings.

Well worth watching, but if you haven't the time, the podcast is on Itunes and it's the same as the video series (just without video..duh).

Youtube videos (hope I'm not breaking any rules by linking them)
Episode 1:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L_11fggn0Q

Episode 2:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lmPWkd2Kx0

Episode 3:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9hC1Rc0uC0

Episode 4:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwVzIZhGhEQ

I wasn't born until about 4 years later, so I missed it, but I remember seeing Columbia launch for the first time.

Me sitting in Booger after maybe drinking "a few" Dirty Bastards with my brother.
IMG_0637.JPG
I know you're changing it over to IRS, but also right hand drive?

We have an Aussie member that might be able to source a dash and rack linkage....

He's here somewheres... probably lurking in Mike's thread.

I’m doing stuff semi related to my car, just not exciting is all.

Hopefully I’ll have found a way to get all of the rest of the non car related stuff out of the garage today and then can begin the real work again.

I’m doing stuff semi related to my car, just not exciting is all.

Hopefully I’ll have found a way to get all of the rest of the non car related stuff out of the garage today and then can begin the real work again.
It's called a " shed". little metal building that you can buy, and put together with 897 little metal screws.
Or...
You rent a supplemental storage space from one of the 50 bagillion storage places in your city.
Either way,..get that sht out of your garage, and get to work!

P.S.....You gotta come up with a better nickname for your car..One that isn't a derivative of dried up snot.

Remember,..I named my car after a slow orange, black and brown lizard from Arizona because the car was from Arizona, was painfully slow, and was assorted shades of orange black and brown.
After a couple of years, when I tried to change the car over to its currently badged namesake, the community here panned that.
So I'm stuck with it.
You really don't want to call this car a booger as beautiful as it'll be when you get it painted do you?

It's called a " shed". little metal building that you can buy, and put together with 897 little metal screws.
Or...
You rent a supplemental storage space from one of the 50 bagillion storage places in your city.

P.S.....You gotta come up with a better nickname for your car..One that isn't a derivative of dried up snot.
Too late, you came up with the name anyhow.

Remember,..I named my car after a slow orange, black and brown lizard from Arizona because the car was from Arizona, was painfully slow, and was assorted shades of orange black and brown.
After a couple of years, when I tried to change the car over to its currently badged namesake, the community here panned that.
So I'm stuck with it.
You really don't want to call this car a booger as beautiful as it'll be when you get it painted do you?
The name has to stick (no pun intended there).

It's getting BOOGER for a license plate.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Or...

Lol, i don't know why I didn't think of the little shed thing. Vapor lock between the ears I guess.

I already have a storage unit, this stuff I need to keep around the house for quicker access. Shed idea is the best.

I'll go to lowes today and look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.