Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Step one........make the deal for the paint job. A new TIG welder. Check

Step Two.......do the work. Check

Step three.......Boss orders TIG.............I said, "Boss orders TIG"............helloooooooo?

Boss says he ordered the TIG two weeks ago last wednesday...........that's what he said.:nonono:

Yesterday I ask when it's supposed to get here? He tells me I need to talk to Lacy, our payroll clerk.

So, hey Lacy, where's my TIG?:chin

She tells me it should be here next week. When she ordered it TEN days ago they said it would take about two weeks to get here.:cry:

Millennials.........

So next week now.

What have I done while waiting? I've been working a lot every day. This is very good news. Bigger paychecks.

I needed new tires for Booger's Btch (my Ram 1500).

So I got a nice set of Bridgestone Duelers. This tire is really wonderful.

It was raining this morning......again!:fuss:While I was waiting for the tornado warnings to end the fellas in the local tire store put my new tires on. Notice it seems a little wet in the pictures.
IMG_0525.JPG
IMG_0526.JPG

The Murder House is up on a hill, all roads to it climb upwards. I needed an AT tire for next winter. Maybe we'll see some snow next season.

It's funny how you don't notice how bad the old tires are until you get a new set.

It sure is fun, btw, to blow a thousand dollars and not need any credit!:nice:

The wait for my TIG is beginning to be like waiting for the new Tool album to come out:nonono:.
IMG_0523.JPG

• Surprised
Reactions: 4 users
the sirens went off here two days in a row for tornados (or at least the storms that spun them) that went right over my house. i barely even got rain during both :shrug:
I think we’re finally getting a break from the rain here.

The dog gone lakes are so full. Lots of flooding in town. The rain in Kansas flows down stream to us.

One of the bodymen at work had to evacuate his home, poor guy.

The news this morning was saying the rivers are going to be at their 3rd highest on record sometime this weekend. 1st is 93 and current 3rd was like a month ago. Already had one levee break abou a mile or two north of the highway I come home on, water is maybe 20 feet from the road still.

Theres towns just on the IL side that go under water almost every year, dont know how they do it.

Stay safe! I just read they have to open the Morganza Spillway down in Louisiana by June 2 or it could be over topped!!!! by the 5th. I know some people are in the drought, but dayam, from Xmas til now, the MS River at Memphis has been near or above flood stage. And that's one big fn river!

Tornado sirens going off, what does a guy and his son do? Sit on the porch, enjoy a cold one and look for that bastard! Oklahoma strong! Lol
2A315572-684F-4749-B3BD-13304F3A9F09.jpeg

I spent this week in Arkansas. You'd think I get some fekin storm action, right?

Well RIGHT?:?"?"??

Lemme show you exactly what happened instead:

screenshot_20190521-174719_stormeye-jpg.jpg

I'm the blue dot in the middle!!!!!!! :fuss:

Eat a **** you ***** storm! :loser:

Since I got nothing in the way of thunder and lightning, I called up a buddy of mine and this happened:

20190523_170935-jpg.jpg

...and no, I don't mean the hotty in the background :drool: I'm talking about the beer.

BTW, she was WAY better looking the night I took the image. :scratch:

Must be something wrong with my lens. :shrug:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I spent this week in Arkansas. You'd think I get some fekin storm action, right?

Well RIGHT?:?"?"??

Lemme show you exactly what happened instead:

screenshot_20190521-174719_stormeye-jpg.jpg

I'm the blue dot in the middle!!!!!!! :fuss:

Eat a **** you ***** storm! :loser:

Since I got nothing in the way of thunder and lightning, I called up a buddy of mine and this happened:

20190523_170935-jpg.jpg

...and no, I don't mean the hotty in the background :drool: I'm talking about the beer.

BTW, she was WAY better looking the night I took the image. :scratch:

Must be something wrong with my lens. :shrug:

@Noobz347
I was just about to say WHERE THE F were you because that MAP is FFF'd as hell. Until I realized it's rotated so West it up. WTF? Why anyone would stay a week in Little Rock is beyond me, unless you were doing DNA testing on the Presidential spooge dress.

Where did you get the brews? I find it better to make a hit and run on Little Rock to avoid getting anything that lingers stuck to my clothes.

@Noobz347
I was just about to say WHERE THE F were you because that MAP is FFF'd as hell. Until I realized it's rotated so West it up. WTF? Why anyone would stay a week in Little Rock is beyond me, unless you were doing DNA testing on the Presidential spooge dress.

Where did you get the brews? I find it better to make a hit and run on Little Rock to avoid getting anything that lingers stuck to my clothes.

Ur Momz :oops:

Sorry, I couldn't resist :rlaugh:

I was out there for work. We got dinner at a place called, "BJ's" (you can see on the wall in the background). Pretty good restaurant and the food was good too. It's like an upscale Applebees with an extensive beer, wine, and booze list. :shrug:

I wasn't disappointed. There were 4 of us in all and the bill came to about a buck and a quarter for everything including 2 monster deserts.

It reminded me of something you might find at Epcot, intended as a place to give tall people a break from all the kids. :shrug:

Ur Momz :oops:

Sorry, I couldn't resist :rlaugh:

I was out there for work. We got dinner at a place called, "BJ's" (you can see on the wall in the background). Pretty good restaurant and the food was good too. It's like an upscale Applebees with an extensive beer, wine, and booze list. :shrug:

I wasn't disappointed. There were 4 of us in all and the bill came to about a buck and a quarter for everything including 2 monster deserts.

It reminded me of something you might find at Epcot, intended as a place to give tall people a break from all the kids. :shrug:

OH, my bad, I thought the BJ's was an advertisement over that "babe's" head...er um face....er well you know what I mean.

I almost forgot about this.
6590DEA5-A37D-4811-98B2-53D0614FF1DA.jpeg

I won’t finish opening it till I get home tonight.

Gotta stop being a lazy butt and go get my new argon bottle and stand now! Yippee!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Here it is out of the box, it’s considerably heavier than my brother’s 185 unit.
BA09D7BD-8A61-45CA-9A4B-FC36AB083F28.jpeg

E58DA67A-B7FE-45DE-91C7-A5830710CC44.jpeg

I’m so tired tonight after work though, I’m just going to leave it sitting there for the cat to sniff. I need some sleep.

There’s a welding supply store just down the street from my new job. Tomorrow I’ll go get a new cylinder and argon. I’ll be welding by this weekend.

I’m so excited though!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.