Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey, what's this?
IMG_4525.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
So I got the floorpan cut out except for the edges tonight.:banana:

I cut it out in varying size chunks.
IMG_4485.JPG

Here's a couple pictures of it cut out around the perimeter and along the subframe rails and trans crossmember mounts. Nicer than the flinstones car, if you ask me!:rock:
IMG_4520.JPG
IMG_4524.JPG

One with the new floorpan waiting to be installed.
IMG_4526.JPG

Tomorrow morning I'll start drilling out the spot welds and removing the trimmings of the old floorpan. Then I'll start fitting the new pan and do the trimming it'll probably need.

While the pan is out I'll strip down the subframes and the inner rockers and yada yada.......:fap:

Reactions: 6 users
So I got the floorpan cut out except for the edges tonight.:banana:

I cut it out in varying size chunks.
IMG_4485.JPG

Here's a couple pictures of it cut out around the perimeter and along the subframe rails and trans crossmember mounts. Nicer than the flinstones car, if you ask me!:rock:
IMG_4520.JPG
IMG_4524.JPG

One with the new floorpan waiting to be installed.
IMG_4526.JPG

Tomorrow morning I'll start drilling out the spot welds and removing the trimmings of the old floorpan. Then I'll start fitting the new pan and do the trimming it'll probably need.

While the pan is out I'll strip down the subframes and the inner rockers and yada yada.......:fap:

But.....you cut up the front cross brace that the seats bolt to....whatdya gonna do about that?

Today I’ll clean up the edges. I’m starting right here.
image.jpg

It was a little challenge finding all of the spot welds in that rotted area, but I got it.
FDBB744C-37C3-414A-AA34-5A4A4ABA352A.jpeg

I’m going to have to patch this area on the rear pan as well. That’s where the eb cable bracket is.
7C51180D-481B-4688-9544-4C353C58CF13.jpeg

I got the rear area and the right rocker area cleaned of the old pan.
E6FCFD1B-D14C-4757-AD13-C4D2C968FAB7.jpeg
6B9574D2-9D3B-485D-AB83-D5F1202494B7.jpeg

I’ll have to do a little straightening of the right inner rocker before the new pan goes in.
7D937041-5948-4316-AD47-2B326DF58CCD.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
wow that's amazing I don't think I'd have the nerve to cut out the console area of the floor pan, hows the structure holding up?
It's doing fine. I was a little worried about that at first, but I have no other serious weight in the car that could flex everything (like the drivetrain).

You know what though? I'll find out if I was wrong here in a couple days, lol.:chin

Ok, finished up the old floorpan removal.
IMG_4535.JPG
IMG_4536.JPG

So I have two repairs that I intend to tackle tomorrow. First the lip that is welded between the rear floorpan and the front floorpan.
IMG_4528.JPG

I'll replace the front part of the rear floorpan where the eb bracket is too.
IMG_4529.JPG

I'm going to make Booger feel good about this repair using original floorpan pieces.
IMG_4534.JPG

Tomorrow Ill try to finish the dressing of all the spot welds I cut out (and btw, there's a sht ton load of them),

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.