Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Untappd is the only social media app that I use, haha. I really just use it to document what I've had and if I liked it or not. It also comes in handy if you ever find yourself buying beer for someone else, because you can see if they've had it and what they thought of it.

I also only check in any given beer once. I feel no need to fully document my alcoholism. :D

BTW, my name on Untappd is NIKwithoutaC.

Reactions: 1 user
Untappd is the only social media app that I use, haha. I really just use it to document what I've had and if I liked it or not. It also comes in handy if you ever find yourself buying beer for someone else, because you can see if they've had it and what they thought of it.

I also only check in any given beer once. I feel no need to fully document my alcoholism. :D

BTW, my name on Untappd is NIKwithoutaC.
And to think, all this time I've been saying "Nick-whoa-ACK" in my head.

• Haha
Now I don't feel so dumb.
ok maybe I still do
ok I definitely feel dumb
now what does the oriental writing say?
6D15C89D-B8FC-4ACA-9DE8-9811FA61410E.png

• Clever

I love Google. The guy that cuts my grass can barely speak English and I, even thought I took Spanish in 7th, 9th and 10th grades (32 years ago) can speak less Spanish. What little I know doesn't help get the grass cut, because he doesn't carry any beers with him, I already know Boys Town is NOT near here, and I know where my bathroom is.
So here I am typing stuff into my phone like, how much to trim the shrubs? Ok, can you cut the ones on the ends higher than the ones in the middle? Can you trim the crepe myrtle off of the house?

His responses always start off, For me.... Like For me...I uh, weeds...uh mulch.... more mulch...then he gestures about 3 inches...and I go, yeah, how much to add 3 inches of mulch to my beds to stop the weeds?

I was at least able to understand that he is going to Florida and the beach this week. So I have to find alternate grass cutting methods that don't involve my ass doing it! I love that guy though. Enrique. He is working hard every day!

I got some done tonight.

I spread a little more mud on the right strut tower, and on the panel between the firewall and strut tower. Some of the factory pinch welds are quite deep. I thought I would only need a quick wipe of mud to make them go away, not so much.
IMG_4481.JPG

I started to mix up my glaze, but I didn't think how old it was.......:nonono:. It has thickened up too much to be used as a glaze. I guess I'll get a new tub of that tomorrow. So back in primer for the night.
IMG_4483.JPG

That took a couple hours right there. I think I'm going to have to do like I did with Doby, get up early and work on the smoothing. Not tomorrow morning, but friday for sure.

I want to start cutting out the floorpan this weekend. Hopefully have it all out and cleaned up for the new pan by the end of the weekend.

Reactions: 1 users
Your car is coming out great !!!

Dusty has finally made it into his new home. Wife made me use a u- haul car trailer to pull with the box truck. ( jobs paying for it ) Had to take the bumper off to get it up there. Sometime this weekend I'll get my van and car trailer over there. I can't wait to be able to work on my car inside my garage.

Seeing what you do gives me a bunch of motivation man.

Reactions: 4 users
I know you're gonna make the whole bay look like that strut tower, .....and I also know that this'll fall on deaf ears, but it's worth saying...

What you see w/o that engine in there is gonna get covered up by 75% when it is. From the front of the strut towers forward is what people will be able to see, especially since you're gonna have the factory AC lines exiting from the factory bulkhead.

Don't sweat the small stuff Dave.

I know you're gonna make the whole bay look like that strut tower, .....and I also know that this'll fall on deaf ears, but it's worth saying...

What you see w/o that engine in there is gonna get covered up by 75% when it is. From the front of the strut towers forward is what people will be able to see, especially since you're gonna have the factory AC lines exiting from the factory bulkhead.

Don't sweat the small stuff Dave.
If only I could stop myself Mike, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.