Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was saying all along, "where the fck is Nick? None of this would be happening if he were around".:eek:

Next summer when Andy is home from school we're going to be taking some trips around and visit people. I need to take him down to Dallas for a good burger. I'll holler at you when we head that way. Maybe even spring break time.

Thanks Nick.
Be sure to holler loud enough so I can hear.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Here it is, Friday.

We had a secret Santa gift exchange at the shop today. I got an excellent bottle of stout beer that I’ll put to it’s intended use this afternoon while my air ducts are being cleaned. With a nice cigar of course.

My secret Santa victim was one one the body men at work that btchd that he didn’t want anything stupid. So, of course I got him this:
C983A8B5-2D18-4ECB-9CB3-17F0FE32C696.jpeg

I swear to god, it’s like Mike telling me not to take pictures of him when I was in Alabama!

Reactions: 5 users
It's Saturday night and I ain't got nobody...........and I'm really digging it too!:taco:

I'm officially in at the Murder House. I'm tired as all fck, but I have a rather large grin on my face as I sit on my front porch sipping a quality beer and smoking another one of those nice cigars.

The boys spent the day helping their mother move, so my brother Bobby came over this morning and helped me make the five or six trips I needed to do to finish off. Their mother has a piano and got an upstairs condo. Gee I bet that was fun, lol.

I got all the necessaries done to make it through the first night and finally decided it's time to quit for today.

OMG this is good! A person doesn't really realize when they're living under an iron fist until they're not. I would not be doing what I'm doing right this minute if she were here. First off there would be the blah, blah, blah about how under appreciated teachers really, really are. Then i would have to comment on what a great idea it was to make all of our hangers match. Then I would be wrapping my head in duct tape to prevent too much splatter from when my head explodes........

The boys are done moving their mother's stuff now, I believe. She wants them to stay for a bit to help rearrange things the way she likes it. Which means I won't see them for at least twenty years since they'll never get it the way she likes it.

I moved my cat the very first thing this morning, I figured it would be less stressful for his little pinhead that way. He's just now finally come out of his hiding place to visit.

I don't want you fellas to think this is all fun and games though. First off, I have to find a new liquor store I like......

Reactions: 3 users
Some days will be better than others, the better days will soon out number the others. One thing to look forward to, now when the blah, blah, blah starts you can just hang up the phone, sit on the stoop out side with a cold one and not worry about your head exploding!

It's Saturday night and I ain't got nobody...........and I'm really digging it too!:taco:

I'm officially in at the Murder House. I'm tired as all fck, but I have a rather large grin on my face as I sit on my front porch sipping a quality beer and smoking another one of those nice cigars.

The boys spent the day helping their mother move, so my brother Bobby came over this morning and helped me make the five or six trips I needed to do to finish off. Their mother has a piano and got an upstairs condo. Gee I bet that was fun, lol.

I got all the necessaries done to make it through the first night and finally decided it's time to quit for today.

OMG this is good! A person doesn't really realize when they're living under an iron fist until they're not. I would not be doing what I'm doing right this minute if she were here. First off there would be the blah, blah, blah about how under appreciated teachers really, really are. Then i would have to comment on what a great idea it was to make all of our hangers match. Then I would be wrapping my head in duct tape to prevent too much splatter from when my head explodes........

The boys are done moving their mother's stuff now, I believe. She wants them to stay for a bit to help rearrange things the way she likes it. Which means I won't see them for at least twenty years since they'll never get it the way she likes it.

I moved my cat the very first thing this morning, I figured it would be less stressful for his little pinhead that way. He's just now finally come out of his hiding place to visit.

I don't want you fellas to think this is all fun and games though. First off, I have to find a new liquor store I like......
My hangers match. :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Here it is, Friday.

We had a secret Santa gift exchange at the shop today. I got an excellent bottle of stout beer that I’ll put to it’s intended use this afternoon while my air ducts are being cleaned. With a nice cigar of course.

My secret Santa victim was one one the body men at work that btchd that he didn’t want anything stupid. So, of course I got him this:
C983A8B5-2D18-4ECB-9CB3-17F0FE32C696.jpeg

I swear to god, it’s like Mike telling me not to take pictures of him when I was in Alabama!

I'll pay you money no... I'll start a GoFundMe for you to drive to Alabama and get pics of Mike wearing this.

1. Bunny suit
2. Booze
3. Ether
4. Camera phone
4. Van

Anything I forgot. :scratch:

Ok, so the house was to close on the 31st.

Then the realtor calls me and tells me the buyers have an FHA loan..............the FHA is part of the 25% of the government that’s shutdown:nonono:.

Glad to see my luck is still functioning like normal:loser:.

There will be no home brewing until the government opens back up.:cry:

Ok, so the house was to close on the 31st.

Then the realtor calls me and tells me the buyers have an FHA loan..............the FHA is part of the 25% of the government that’s shutdown:nonono:.

Glad to see my luck is still functioning like normal:loser:.

There will be no home brewing until the government opens back up.:cry:
That's it! Time to impeach!!! :mad:

I got an interesting update.

I got another job offer.

This one pays $2 per flag hour more and there is a bunch of work there. I could realistically go back to making what i was when Doby was on the scene. Meaning $500-$1000 per month in car parts! Can you say Z460?

One other BIG bonus, I could bring Booger to the shop and work on him there! Oooooooohhhhhhhh wouldn't that be nice?

No more banishment to cold storage!

This thread could be used for a build thread for something different.:chin

BTW, the murder house is great. I'm getting settled in nicely and am fixing it up a little bit.

Reactions: 3 users
Well Dave, I know you were excited about the opportunity you took for your current job, but how are you liking it? As you know well over the last month or so, happiness is important and that could mean more than money, up to you.

I got an interesting update.

I got another job offer.

This one pays $2 per flag hour more and there is a bunch of work there. I could realistically go back to making what i was when Doby was on the scene. Meaning $500-$1000 per month in car parts! Can you say Z460?

One other BIG bonus, I could bring Booger to the shop and work on him there! Oooooooohhhhhhhh wouldn't that be nice?

No more banishment to cold storage!

This thread could be used for a build thread for something different.:chin

BTW, the murder house is great. I'm getting settled in nicely and am fixing it up a little bit.

Another 2 bucks a flag hour would add up pretty quick Dave, as you know. I asked for a raise here at my shop, and all they want to do is base it off my performance. I out do all the other estimators here every month, pull my own parts, put some of my cars together and even wash cars for the most part because the kid that does it is is lazy as hell. They are going to set it up to where if I hit a certain number of hours a month I’ll get a “bonus.”

Another 2 bucks a flag hour would add up pretty quick Dave, as you know. I asked for a raise here at my shop, and all they want to do is base it off my performance. I out do all the other estimators here every month, pull my own parts, put some of my cars together and even wash cars for the most part because the kid that does it is is lazy as hell. They are going to set it up to where if I hit a certain number of hours a month I’ll get a “bonus.”
That sucks Blake. It seems the art of keeping a good employee happy is being lost for the sake of greed.

Well Dave, I know you were excited about the opportunity you took for your current job, but how are you liking it? As you know well over the last month or so, happiness is important and that could mean more than money, up to you.
I like the current job and wouldn’t be overly disappointed to stay here either.

I have a petty gripe though, the other two painters are freaking pigs.

I mean, I’m no Scott when it comes to being Mr Clean, but come on.......

The new shop would be totally mine. I organize it and keep it clean.

The new owner is the guy I shot the impala for, btw

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.