Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - I Want Your Opinions

• Sponsors (?)

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
A couple side notes.

My boss ordered my welder! I'm not real sure how long Everlast takes to ship out one of their welders. I'll let you know when I get it, of course.

I need to purchase the sides needed for the welder.

A new bottle for the argon (I'm thinking of getting a larger bottle, like over 200cf).

A cart, I've been reading reviews on available carts. They're nice and cheap even for the good ones.

I was thinking of getting a couple different size torches from CK. Their torches seem to be the go to ones.

I would like to get this pretty little wireless foot control I've read about........if it didn't cost $800 that is!

Did I mention the welder has a 65% duty cycle? That'll be nice, I have a tendency to keep going with a welder even when it's maxed out. I have enough trouble making pretty welds the way it is! Who's got time to let a welder to cool off, am I right?

I wonder how long before I buy a water cooling unit for the tig.

What all that adds up to is first I'll have DC pulse welding capability. I'll be able to weld sheetmetal!

A little practice and I'll finally bring Booger to the Murder House.

I'm so ready to get to work on a car again. I've been watching John @02 281 GT work on his '66 and have been getting jealous, lol.

Reactions: 02 281 GT

02 281 GT

Agreed...My wife has great Boobs
10 Year Member
Feb 3, 2009
Wichita Falls, TX
A couple side notes.

My boss ordered my welder! I'm not real sure how long Everlast takes to ship out one of their welders. I'll let you know when I get it, of course.

I need to purchase the sides needed for the welder.

A new bottle for the argon (I'm thinking of getting a larger bottle, like over 200cf).

A cart, I've been reading reviews on available carts. They're nice and cheap even for the good ones.

I was thinking of getting a couple different size torches from CK. Their torches seem to be the go to ones.

I would like to get this pretty little wireless foot control I've read about........if it didn't cost $800 that is!

Did I mention the welder has a 65% duty cycle? That'll be nice, I have a tendency to keep going with a welder even when it's maxed out. I have enough trouble making pretty welds the way it is! Who's got time to let a welder to cool off, am I right?

I wonder how long before I buy a water cooling unit for the tig.

What all that adds up to is first I'll have DC pulse welding capability. I'll be able to weld sheetmetal!

A little practice and I'll finally bring Booger to the Murder House.

I'm so ready to get to work on a car again. I've been watching John @02 281 GT work on his '66 and have been getting jealous, lol.
Haha. I took the last two weeks off so I could get something done. Things will slow down for me again after today. :) It'll be nice to see progress on Booger again!

Reactions: Davedacarpainter

CarMichael Angelo

I don't like your attitude, let me fix that.
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Lol, if you're serious mike, I'll come out. It would be fun........no fireball though:eek:.

Maybe I could sweet talk the akzo nobel rep into free paint this time.
Dave, I liked having you here period. Forget the actual reason you came....it is one of my always and forever favorite talking points.

( well,...let's remove the compromised sweaty, dirty, slochy, bad posture pictures of me from the collection, and then maybe......maybe.... it's my favorite talking points..)

CarMichael Angelo

SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
I just committed to the gulf coast cruise thing again with Kate in October..it'd be so cool if this could be an opportunity to start a meetup of stangnet members too.

Davedacarpainter

SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
I believe I've come up with a final design. A copy (ish) of the ones offered by lincoln.

I haven't cut out the center lines yet because I can't seem to find my exacto set after the move. Oh well, off to harbor freight here in a bit.
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0490.JPG

Davedacarpainter

SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
BTW way, the boss got a new camera at work to take pictures of customer's cars and asked me if I wanted his old one for nothing! Uhm, sure!
IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG

I got some new batteries and a memory card off Amazon and it works like a champ.

It's a Coolpix P510, btw.

The only camera I had till this is my phone.

I have a tripod though (for my astronomical binoculars).

One step closer to being a youtube superstar, right? lol

Davedacarpainter

SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
Ok, so my boss slightly fudged the truth with me. He actually ordered my welder last night:nonono:.

I'm not sure how quick it'll arrive. I think they allow for up to ten days.

I'll get my new welding cart this weekend and my argon bottle.

I want to get a CK torch or two. I want a flex head torch.

So I wait, what shall I do in the meantime?
image.jpg

CarMichael Angelo

SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
Ok, so my boss slightly fudged the truth with me. He actually ordered my welder last night:nonono:.

I'm not sure how quick it'll arrive. I think they allow for up to ten days.

I'll get my new welding cart this weekend and my argon bottle.

I want to get a CK torch or two. I want a flex head torch.

So I wait, what shall I do in the meantime?
image.jpg
Well....Good for you Dave. As I've said several times before,..it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I............can't say I agree that drinking smoky dirt is the best of choices though Dave.

• Haha