Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it,just needs one more touch-
E1C3951F-1E67-4EB8-8021-C1B85959955D.jpeg
I don't mind Boogering it up Chris, I would need to find a font that I would like for that first though.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

A couple side notes.

My boss ordered my welder! I'm not real sure how long Everlast takes to ship out one of their welders. I'll let you know when I get it, of course.

I need to purchase the sides needed for the welder.

A new bottle for the argon (I'm thinking of getting a larger bottle, like over 200cf).

A cart, I've been reading reviews on available carts. They're nice and cheap even for the good ones.

I was thinking of getting a couple different size torches from CK. Their torches seem to be the go to ones.

I would like to get this pretty little wireless foot control I've read about........if it didn't cost $800 that is!

Did I mention the welder has a 65% duty cycle? That'll be nice, I have a tendency to keep going with a welder even when it's maxed out. I have enough trouble making pretty welds the way it is! Who's got time to let a welder to cool off, am I right?

I wonder how long before I buy a water cooling unit for the tig.

What all that adds up to is first I'll have DC pulse welding capability. I'll be able to weld sheetmetal!

A little practice and I'll finally bring Booger to the Murder House.

I'm so ready to get to work on a car again. I've been watching John @02 281 GT work on his '66 and have been getting jealous, lol.

A couple side notes.

My boss ordered my welder! I'm not real sure how long Everlast takes to ship out one of their welders. I'll let you know when I get it, of course.

I need to purchase the sides needed for the welder.

A new bottle for the argon (I'm thinking of getting a larger bottle, like over 200cf).

A cart, I've been reading reviews on available carts. They're nice and cheap even for the good ones.

I was thinking of getting a couple different size torches from CK. Their torches seem to be the go to ones.

I would like to get this pretty little wireless foot control I've read about........if it didn't cost $800 that is!

Did I mention the welder has a 65% duty cycle? That'll be nice, I have a tendency to keep going with a welder even when it's maxed out. I have enough trouble making pretty welds the way it is! Who's got time to let a welder to cool off, am I right?

I wonder how long before I buy a water cooling unit for the tig.

What all that adds up to is first I'll have DC pulse welding capability. I'll be able to weld sheetmetal!

A little practice and I'll finally bring Booger to the Murder House.

I'm so ready to get to work on a car again. I've been watching John @02 281 GT work on his '66 and have been getting jealous, lol.
Haha. I took the last two weeks off so I could get something done. Things will slow down for me again after today. :) It'll be nice to see progress on Booger again!

Lol, if you're serious mike, I'll come out. It would be fun........no fireball though:eek:.

Maybe I could sweet talk the akzo nobel rep into free paint this time.
Dave, I liked having you here period. Forget the actual reason you came....it is one of my always and forever favorite talking points.

( well,...let's remove the compromised sweaty, dirty, slochy, bad posture pictures of me from the collection, and then maybe......maybe.... it's my favorite talking points..)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I believe I've come up with a final design. A copy (ish) of the ones offered by lincoln.

I haven't cut out the center lines yet because I can't seem to find my exacto set after the move. Oh well, off to harbor freight here in a bit.
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0490.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
BTW way, the boss got a new camera at work to take pictures of customer's cars and asked me if I wanted his old one for nothing! Uhm, sure!
IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0484.JPG

I got some new batteries and a memory card off Amazon and it works like a champ.

It's a Coolpix P510, btw.

The only camera I had till this is my phone.

I have a tripod though (for my astronomical binoculars).

One step closer to being a youtube superstar, right? lol

Reactions: 2 users
Ok, so my boss slightly fudged the truth with me. He actually ordered my welder last night:nonono:.

I'm not sure how quick it'll arrive. I think they allow for up to ten days.

I'll get my new welding cart this weekend and my argon bottle.

I want to get a CK torch or two. I want a flex head torch.

So I wait, what shall I do in the meantime?
image.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
Ok, so my boss slightly fudged the truth with me. He actually ordered my welder last night:nonono:.

I'm not sure how quick it'll arrive. I think they allow for up to ten days.

I'll get my new welding cart this weekend and my argon bottle.

I want to get a CK torch or two. I want a flex head torch.

So I wait, what shall I do in the meantime?
image.jpg
Well....Good for you Dave. As I've said several times before,..it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

I............can't say I agree that drinking smoky dirt is the best of choices though Dave.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.