Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I was thinking 1UZ...

1UZFE1.jpg

True story, that was one of the two finalists for the new engine for ElSuperPinto, but I found a 4.6 4v for $200 and that made the decision.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems like a lot of work for basically SBF power numbers.

But at least it isn't an LS.
in hindsight..me not going with an LS over the current engine is an exercise in utter stupidity. The LS would’ve fit the car, the pan that came on it would’ve fit the car, and the transmission that i now own would’ve fit the engine.

Seems like a lot of work for basically SBF power numbers.

But at least it isn't an LS.
But it's pretty. :D

It's all Mike's fault. That epic rant he gave against the Coyote due to its aesthetics convinced me to look elsewhere for my ill-advised quest to shoehorn a DOHC V8 into what is, essentially, a Pinto's engine compartment. After ruling out a lot of contenders for being too ugly, too expensive, or too unreliable, I was left with Toyota's and Ford's DOHC V8s from the 90s.

Dave should totally do a modular 4V or a 1UZ swap, they both look killer, sound amazing, can make crazy power with forced induction, and are affordable as hell.

in hindsight..me not going with an LS over the current engine is an exercise in utter stupidity. The LS would’ve fit the car, the pan that came on it would’ve fit the car, and the transmission that i now own would’ve fit the engine.

:D

I am doing stuff. I’m disassembling the IRS and stillI keep finding tools I need. A 36mm socket is the next thing to pick up. Once I have that, I’ll post a picture of the progress. That’ll get those half shafts out of there and it’ll look like I did a lot then. That’s tomorrow’s goal.

Boy! Those brake pads were just a little bonded to the rotors! Lol, not no more.....

I had the usual delusion of doing this in a half hour.:bang:You‘d think I would know by now......It took me almost a half hour to take the calipers off, I know, I’m a little pathetic. I just don’t have a wife to let me know as regularly now.:banana:

I‘m thinking I’m going to follow through with the support tube between the subframes where the uca mounts are. I don’t think so much that I’ll worry about bracing from that crossmember to lower on the frame. I’m still considering what benefit it would have.

I have one picture to help you capture my attitude while I’m working on Booger.
DAA56E6C-DDCC-4764-A918-75E443C81717.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.