Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Vette is Prepped

• Sponsors (?)

droopie85gt

Hookers and Beer for life!
Dec 26, 2016
Cordova, TN
I think Prince missed the boat. "Little Turd Brown Corvette."

I like the helmet...it's cool as hell. I don't know about your @Davedacarpainter but I would be like @CarMichael Angelo and scratch and gouge that thing all up in 20 minutes. Then I would get pissed and throw something because I screwed the helmet all up and I would have a drywall spot to fix.

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
I think Prince missed the boat. "Little Turd Brown Corvette."

I like the helmet...it's cool as hell. I don't know about your @Davedacarpainter but I would be like @CarMichael Angelo and scratch and gouge that thing all up in 20 minutes. Then I would get pissed and throw something because I screwed the helmet all up and I would have a drywall spot to fix.
Truthfully Drew, I think the Vette will look nice.

I finished blocking it out today. Bodywork is done finally, I couldn't finding anymore cracks.

Tomorrow I'll do the detail prepping, and then maybe shoot it Sunday.

I may mistreat this helmet at some point.......Oh well.

Tomorrow after i'm done screwing with the Vette I'll lay the stripes out on it. I'm thinking I'll do them in semigloss like the hood., irony?

droopie85gt

Hookers and Beer for life!
Dec 26, 2016
Cordova, TN
It'll look good. I am sure the Vette will too. I mean, you could make the $25 Harbor Freight helmet look badass. I like the idea of a miniature GLX emblem too.!

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
Well, here's my Saturday.
57747843697__749D3173-E412-47C1-8C48-83AEE5216DA7.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG

I finally finished up the prep work today.

So, if i'm feeling spunky in the morning, I'll go clean the crap out of it, mask it and get it shot.

I'll post a picture or two tomorrow.

I got to admit, I kind of like this old car......