Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, let me run this by you guys.

Here's my new helmet, plain black.
IMG_0445.JPG

I want to paint it similar to this red version I could have bought.
IMG_0905.JPG

Except I want to use the colors from Booger. Kind of this theme. Green all over and the grey for the rallye strip.
IMG_4228.JPG

What do y'all think?
I freakin love this..the monster needs to sport these colors..you go green, I'll go this gold.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok, I’m down at the shop working on the vette. They said the bodywork was done......yeah, done except for the cracks in the fiberglass!

First, let me say I hate working with FG. Second, who cares, I have to fix it anyhow.

Anywho, I brought my helmet with me and sanded it down and painted it the green.
9C0230B7-8AD4-4897-91A7-698533BD5F57.jpeg
EF2F401E-2BD3-496C-8868-177ED10C7E69.jpeg
E9306D23-37A8-4518-ACD4-C32B3695837D.jpeg

It came out pretty sweet.

I’ll let it sit a couple days and then lay out the stripes, possibly with an itty bitty GLX in the stripe.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
I don't know,....last night it looked gold to me...it might've been the light....it might've been that I was looking at it on my phone,..it might've been the fact that my eyes might have been a little squinty...a little blurry,...a little crossed...
Hell...maybe it was all three.

I don't know,....last night it looked gold to me...it might've been the light....it might've been that I was looking at it on my phone,..it might've been the fact that my eyes might have been a little squinty...a little blurry,...a little crossed...
Hell...maybe it was all three.
Nah Mike, you’re right. In certain light it does look gold.

I’ll get a picture in the sun after it’s done baking.

Nah Mike, you’re right. In certain light it does look gold.

I’ll get a picture in the sun after it’s done baking.
I would be wasting my time painting my new helmet..the thing comes off my head, hits the table face down sometimes, gets laid on the floor, and is banging into all kinds of sht when it's on my head in the meantime...
Pretty soon, it'd look like my car.

Guess I shoulda done one of three things before I replied to that last night:

1. Read the whole post from Dave.
2. Not drank so much
3. Followed the rules outlined in 1 & 2

but I was thursty

xctasy said:
Well, yeah, there's a good image starting thur Dave, but I thought you might do better with one of these

ROBH_001.jpg

Hopefully not too over the top. You could add one way glass with a Xylene Wash and Wipe system for the Booth spray back....

Its just missin some color....and how can you take a phone call if you have no mouth, Mr Anderson?

• Haha
The helmet is cool as hell Dave. Good luck o the Vette. Can’t wait to see that pile of poo when you’re done. I bet it’ll look smooth as a pile of diarrhea on the floor!
I.i.i. Don't know...
Somehow comparing a perfect paint finish to a pile of diarrhea on the floor just can't be taken as a compliment.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.