Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I can’t wear it without a rally stripe, now can I Noobz?:nono:

Mask off your face and paint two vertical lines. How tough can it be? :shrug:

1555364607739.png

I think Prince missed the boat. "Little Turd Brown Corvette."

I like the helmet...it's cool as hell. I don't know about your @Davedacarpainter but I would be like @CarMichael Angelo and scratch and gouge that thing all up in 20 minutes. Then I would get pissed and throw something because I screwed the helmet all up and I would have a drywall spot to fix.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I think Prince missed the boat. "Little Turd Brown Corvette."

I like the helmet...it's cool as hell. I don't know about your @Davedacarpainter but I would be like @CarMichael Angelo and scratch and gouge that thing all up in 20 minutes. Then I would get pissed and throw something because I screwed the helmet all up and I would have a drywall spot to fix.
Truthfully Drew, I think the Vette will look nice.

I finished blocking it out today. Bodywork is done finally, I couldn't finding anymore cracks.

Tomorrow I'll do the detail prepping, and then maybe shoot it Sunday.

I may mistreat this helmet at some point.......Oh well.

Tomorrow after i'm done screwing with the Vette I'll lay the stripes out on it. I'm thinking I'll do them in semigloss like the hood., irony?

Well, here's my Saturday.
57747843697__749D3173-E412-47C1-8C48-83AEE5216DA7.JPG
IMG_0462.JPG

I finally finished up the prep work today.

So, if i'm feeling spunky in the morning, I'll go clean the crap out of it, mask it and get it shot.

I'll post a picture or two tomorrow.

I got to admit, I kind of like this old car......

Reactions: 3 users
Ok, i'll paint the vette today.:mg:

Have to get some of the ground work done for paint day first....:cheers:
image.jpg

I'm also cooking bacon for my boys for Easter breakfast.

So I'll head to work in about an hour. It should take me a couple-three hours to clean and mask the car. I'll post a picture of it all wrapped up.

Then paint.

My boys are trying to convince me to do a youtube thingy for painting. Now that I'm at a small independent shop I may be able to do this.:chin

So talk me through this guys, how do I do it? what do I need to buy? A couple go-pro's? Editing software?

Start with creating a YouTube account Dave,they have some basic editing software/how to’s that’ll help you get started
You have a fairly new,high end smart phone right? You can download some pretty decent software for video there as well..

And.... when you stripeyour welding hood-I vote to letter the stripe with Booger :D

Well... This image should be your starting scene.

Pan out until you are full frame with your rich Corinthian Leather High Back office chair. There, we will see you in your velvet robe and ascot, along with your Spongebob pajama bottoms. Do your intro and discuss the project to come along with an overview of steps...

Last edited:
  • Agree
  • Haha
Well... This image should be your starting scene.

Pan out until you are full frame with your rich Corinthian Leather High Back office chair. There, we will see you in your velvet robe and ascot, along with your Spongebob pajama bottoms. Do your intro and discuss the project to come along with an overview of steps...
You don't think the ascot would be too pretentious? Maybe that's the point though, oh how I love your sense of style my dear Noobz.........

@Noobz347 close but no cigar.

British narrator, say Patrick Stewart, "Today David the Carpainter, extolls the virtues of picking a lonely and forgotten booger. Follow along as he straightens and cleans every nook and cranny of said booger. Finally watch as he adds the perfect shade of green to our beloved booger, bringing booger to heights never dreamed. All while getting pissed at 630AM."

Status
Not open for further replies.