Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

So, it’s finally masked up!
75396C85-1AF9-4149-97E1-4771E0D76F19.jpeg

Time for a refreshment:nice:
B98C2354-3170-442E-A7D0-BF6718A1226E.jpeg

Now to wax and grease remove, tack it and paint.

Reactions: 1 user
You know, I caught a buzz off that last bastard, it’s time to paint!

Cause, as you know, I paint better, am funnier and more attractive to the opposite sex after a couple beers:D.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Coming from two older brothers who have corvettes, I gotta say it’s petty cool to see an 81 being saved. But that’s as far as I go. Mustangs are where my heart is.... and where it will stay!!

I was picturing this vette being brown brown in the end. That beige is the final color, eh?
Yeah, that’s the original color Nick. It was real popular back then. That’s it for that car, lol.

I don’t remember the paint code that mustangs had back then, but it was very similar to that color too. Somehow it looked better on a mustang though.

The last thing I have to do with the vette now is to get it unmasked this morning and get it out of my booth, yay!

Dang Dave, you knocked that thing out. Looks great! I can’t wait to see my car in that stage. Should happen soon.
I had to knock it out quick Blake, I got the commitment for the welder and I wanted it done while that commitment was still fresh in their minds.

Today begins the campaign to make them order my new welder!

BTW, it's really cool how your boss pushed for the complete on your mustang, I can't wait to see it done.

One last post on the vomit vette.

The clear i used on it was that "value" clear i mentioned in my painting 101 thread. Your cost might be about $150 per sprayable gallon. It laid out beautifully. It was 92* in the booth when I shot the clear (considerably higher than I was hoping for) and it still flowed really nice:nice:.

I used the slow hardener. There is no reducer with this clear.

I highly recommend it, especially with the fantastic warranty it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.