Build Thread '83 T-top Coupe - Welding Holes in My Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I think stay the course with the engine currently Dave as you may change your mind 100 more times by the time you make it that aspect of the build. As always your work is awesome. It reminds me when I did my ground up budget build of my 85 GT T-Top. Its so much easier to work on the engine bay with NOTHING in it :)

Reactions: 1 user
I think stay the course with the engine currently Dave as you may change your mind 100 more times by the time you make it that aspect of the build. As always your work is awesome. It reminds me when I did my ground up budget build of my 85 GT T-Top. Its so much easier to work on the engine bay with NOTHING in it :)
Oh yeah, I know I’ll be fickle for awhile.

But if finances change for the positive before I get after the engine, I might just go crazy. I wonder if there’s a short block version of it?

Can't beat FREE stuff....

When are you chopping off the lower radiator support for the new tubular one?

Also, your floor is dirty :hide:
After I weld in the radiator support.

I picked up and swept after that picture, lol.

I’m going to do one other thing after I’m finished with the rail. Then I’ll get after the radiator support.

I’m going to do something that might bug people, so I won’t say till it’s done.

I just didn't do much tonight. I hammer and dollied the upper radiator support mounting area. They're so swiss cheesy! I'm going to shape a piece of copper to clamp underneath them so I can repair all of the damage with the welder.
IMG_4359.JPG
IMG_4360.JPG

It'll be wednesday before I have my gas, so wednesday night I'll finish the frame rail. Tomorrow night I can keep busy with grinding the welds I've already done.

I slapped things back together for another measurement fitting, all is well. I put one of the Scott Rod panels in there to get an idea of what trimming I'll need to do. It's gonna be purdy .
IMG_4357.JPG
IMG_4358.JPG

Reactions: 5 users
I just didn't do much tonight. I hammer and dollied the upper radiator support mounting area. They're so swiss cheesy! I'm going to shape a piece of copper to clamp underneath them so I can repair all of the damage with the welder.
IMG_4359.JPG
IMG_4360.JPG

It'll be wednesday before I have my gas, so wednesday night I'll finish the frame rail. Tomorrow night I can keep busy with grinding the welds I've already done.

I slapped things back together for another measurement fitting, all is well. I put one of the Scott Rod panels in there to get an idea of what trimming I'll need to do. It's gonna be purdy .
IMG_4357.JPG
IMG_4358.JPG
Awww Dave,...that is gonna look really nice. You need to really focus on getting the engine bay freakin' awesome so the whole thing won't look so bad when you dump all of that boring Windsor in there.

:runaway:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.