Progress Thread '88 GT - Hell Horse - Digital Dash Cluster Finished/Video

• Sponsors (?)

Jul 7, 2005
I know it has been a little slow progress wise on new updates, but the weather has been terrible making it impossible to get a new video. I may just do a video in the garage with a couple revs to see it all working.

A bit of good news is I did get my Xmas present that I wanted. It is a complete WMeth kit that will be installed on my new engine build. I got with the kit a 7 and 10 size nozzles, so this will be some fun.

IMG_20181231_193829250~2.jpg

Jul 7, 2005
Digital Dash Update:
Looking at the weather it seems that this weekend it maybe free of rain for a couple days. I plan to get a video of the dash running with a couple revs and then some runs down the road as well.

New Engine & Transmission:
I also have plans for a new engine build on the horizon, since the current 331 has been in the car for 15 years. It is old and tired for the upcoming plans I have for the car. This will be a slow build due to wanting to build it right, but are currently in the planning phase on the project.

Current Plans:
  • Dart 302 Block
  • Custom Cam
  • 76mm Turbo
  • WMeth Injection
  • 4R70W (MS TCU connected to MS ECU)
  • Digital Dash - Custom dashboard for adjusting Power Level and Transmission Settings

Goals of 500-700hp (this will be adjustable) with a full electronic transmission connecting both the MS TCU and the MS ECU together as one unit. This will utilize more of the Digital Dash system, since both TCU and ECU will be able to talk to the dash system.

Jul 7, 2005
I know its been a while since I have given an update, but I have been working on adding a few more additions to the digital dash.

I have been able to incorporate TeamViewer into the dash, so if I would like to make some changes remotely to the dash from inside the house I can :).

I am now also working on (2) additional features as well:

I am adding the ability to sync the dash with Google Drive, which will work bi-directional. This means that when you turn the car ON or OFF the dash will automatically sync with my Google Drive account if it has internet connection. Now, I will not have to download the datalogs and/or tune changes to a thumb drive to use on my laptop. Also, if I make any changes to the tune that I did on my laptop these will be pushed back to the dash.

I am also incorporating an internal GPS module as well. Most of you know one of the items missing from the MS2/Microsquirt system is having a speedometer. With the GPS module, I will now have a speedometer, but also be able to use the Performance and Economy features of TunerStudio as well. I will also be using this on the road course, since I will be datalogging the GPS data to be used in HP Tuners Race Render.

I figured you guys are interested in my project as I continue to add more features to it, so I thought it was a good time to update my thread.

Jul 7, 2005
Forward progress on the (2) new features:

Google Drive Sync - I have tested the sync progress manually, and it works. Also have the automated process mostly written up for testing as well.

GPS Module - I got in the module and the external antenna, but noticed that I was missing a connector from the module to the antenna. The connector has been ordered, and should hopefully be here soon.

Davedacarpainter

I think I've messed my pants
SN Certified Technician
Nov 28, 2015
Discordia
Forward progress on the (2) new features:

Google Drive Sync - I have tested the sync progress manually, and it works. Also have the automated process mostly written up for testing as well.

GPS Module - I got in the module and the external antenna, but noticed that I was missing a connector from the module to the antenna. The connector has been ordered, and should hopefully be here soon.
Now you need to get Alexa in there so you can tell her what screen you want.:chin