Progress Thread '88 GT Hell Horse - All over the place

• Sponsors (?)

Update:

The latest Beta release for TunerStudio is now out with some advanced features, but more importantly the fix for the RPi GPS not working. I loaded the new beta version, and test drove the car with a now working speedometer :banana::banana::banana:. Now need to work on increasing the how often the GPS module reads your location, since the default settings are only once a second. It can be increased to 1/10 of a second, which is what my plan is to do.

Almost have this finalized...if anyone cares :scratch:

I'd have to say that between you, Steve, and me, we are all in a three way tie for a thread where the common man can take absolutely nothing away from what is being posted.

Whether it's a hand built mega computer digital dash,...a jag blower made to fit a Windsor, or a maverick six banger with the side cut open, and an Aussie head,..nobody here can take what they read, and go into their garage and duplicate it.

It's not that nobody cares,..it's that nobody can do what you've done.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you guys for the positive feedback as always.

I just felt like I was talking to a wall sometimes, but do enjoy building something from nothing. This has been a fun project that just keeps growing that's for sure to something that I wasn't planning on when I started. The goal now is to incorporate as much feature set, so that anyone could have this if they desired as well. After these next couple upgrades it is going to automate a good amount of the tuning process except the actual changes themselves.

The idea of fully customizable dashboard, automatic datalogging, and then sending everything up to your Google Drive account will be awesome. Just start and drive the car, and it does the rest for you.

Reactions: 2 users
I found a new console for viewing the GPS Module data, so should be able to update the settings for the GPS speed this weekend. Its also Spring Break time so will be taking some time to hopefully finalize all the open projects.

Then Version 2 will be ready to go. Need to get some videos of all this stuff working

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
I was able to complete the GPS settings, so now it reads extremely quick. Going to take the family out on a test drive tomorrow to see how it all goes, and also pull a datalog to see all the readings.

Going to work on the auto stop datalog tomorrow before the test drive I hope, so I can enable the auto start of the datalog on TS. This will get another item off the list as well.

That will only leave the Google Drive Sync testing left until all the open projects will be done.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel for sure.

Reactions: 3 users
I didn't get to go on the test drive as planned....boooo

I did spend the past 8 hours figuring out the Auto Stop Datalog feature though...It has passed the 1st line of testing, but need to enable the auto start datalog in TS to run it through the final testing.

Down to the Google Drive Sync feature left

Reactions: 2 users
Well now with Spring Break ending today and work starting again tomorrow I can finally say I completed all the features for the digital dash as I wanted this week.

I took a break to clean up the garage as it was full of all kinds of stuff, and built the engine hoist that has been sitting in the corner of the garage. Also found the explorer intake that I'm going to P&P to replace the current Edelbrock intake.

When I went back to the dash it took me 2 days to work out all the issues with the Google Drive Sync feature. Both the steps work for syncing with Google Drive on start-up and then copying new files on shutdown. This feature will work perfectly with the auto start datalog in TS enabled and auto stop datalog feature I added earlier this week.

Now all I have to do is start and drive the car, and it will start and stop the datalog then send them up to my Google Drive. No more thumb drive with laptops or the digital dash anymore.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Reactions: 4 users
Well now with Spring Break ending today and work starting again tomorrow I can finally say I completed all the features for the digital dash as I wanted this week.

I took a break to clean up the garage as it was full of all kinds of stuff, and built the engine hoist that has been sitting in the corner of the garage. Also found the explorer intake that I'm going to P&P to replace the current Edelbrock intake.

When I went back to the dash it took me 2 days to work out all the issues with the Google Drive Sync feature. Both the steps work for syncing with Google Drive on start-up and then copying new files on shutdown. This feature will work perfectly with the auto start datalog in TS enabled and auto stop datalog feature I added earlier this week.

Now all I have to do is start and drive the car, and it will start and stop the datalog then send them up to my Google Drive. No more thumb drive with laptops or the digital dash anymore.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Awesome work!! Now if we can only have them delivered right to Steve’s email lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Funding is still being a little on the slow side, so I decided to start finishing up a couple small projects that I had on the backburner. I purchased last year a full set of seats from an S197 front and back. I installed the fronts a while back, but are planning on now incorporating the rears into the car. I will get some pictures of the seats and progress as they are installed.

Also, I couples months ago I was plagued with some bad luck and had the dreaded hood fly up happen...:mad:...:( which of course dented the hood, roof, and smashed the cowl area. This also broke the mount for the wipers in the center as well which all just sucks. I took the hood off and looks to be salvageable along with popping out some of the cowl area back into place.

Here are some pictures of what it looks like now:

IMG_20190331_134343859.jpg
IMG_20190331_134404551.jpg
IMG_20190331_134356570.jpg
IMG_20190331_134413390.jpg

So to assist to the repair I decided that I needed to get some "real" body hammers rather than just a regular hammer and rubber mallet that I was using. On the bright side now that I took the hood off it forced me to take the hinges off that exposed some rust and a lot of debris that was against the firewall and inside the cowl area. Hopefully, I can get this to a presentable look to be finished bodyworked. I know this will not be "Mike or Dave" perfect but I am hoping for the best.

Lastly, I am working on a new Lambo Dashboard to replace my current one, so thats in the works as well.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
Lambo dasboard? WTF?
excuse me, I have this 'thing' for I-talians, love em!
lambo's are I-talian right?

Yeah they are for sure from that there place over the little blue water I think they call an oceee-an.

Lambo's have some of the coolest IMO digital dashboard displays, so since I have this "fancy" digital dash why not put one in my car right?