89 5.0, Trick flow stage 1 h/c/i, Megasquirt pnp novice needs help

atey950

Founding Member
Aug 5, 1999
Southeastern PA
After searching thro this forum a bit, I figured I’ll just lay out my scenario. Anyone feel free to direct me to an existing thread or resource that I overlooked. I’m really new to diy tuning.
I have a stock bottom end 5.0 with trick flow stage 1 HCI, 24# injectors, 70mm Tb.
I unhooked the mass air. I have an on3 turbo, but I want to get the car running with the new ecu before I start installing the turbo and new 60# injectors.
Install of the new ecu and wideband were pretty easy. The engine starts and idles really low (about 400 rpm) for about 3 seconds, then dies. Afr gauge reads ~11.0 when it’s running.
I want to check the timing per the instructions, but first I need to get it to idle.
I’ll record a data log in the morning.
Thanks for any responses.

• Sponsors (?)

That's just the basic function. I thought it was a video on setting up. There are a few things that are important to get the car to idle. Post your tune file. Datalog would be helpful too.

That's just the basic function. I thought it was a video on setting up. There are a few things that are important to get the car to idle. Post your tune file. Datalog would be helpful too.
I got it to idle and I was able to check the timing, so there's some progress.
Here's my latest datalog. The one I posted earlier this morning is probably good for a laugh.

Attachments

• 2020-05-02_idle set adj+.mlg
    201.2 KB · Views: 74