90 GT speedometer needle issue

Hello. I'm new on this forum, and I hope to benefit from the wisdom and experience here. My 90 GT developed a flutter in the speedometer needle. It tracks fine up to about 50, then shoots over to around 100 and flutters. When I drop below 50 it returns to normal tracking. I had read many others with a similar issue fixed it with a new cable, so I had my mechanic install one, but the issue didn't change. Can anyone suggest what the next step to take might be?
Thanks for any help, and I'll do my best to answer any questions you need to ask me.

• Sponsors (?)

Hello. I'm new on this forum, and I hope to benefit from the wisdom and experience here. My 90 GT developed a flutter in the speedometer needle. It tracks fine up to about 50, then shoots over to around 100 and flutters. When I drop below 50 it returns to normal tracking. I had read many others with a similar issue fixed it with a new cable, so I had my mechanic install one, but the issue didn't change. Can anyone suggest what the next step to take might be?
Thanks for any help, and I'll do my best to answer any questions you need to ask me.
I had same issue. pull cable out and slather grease on it and put it back in. Problem solved. mine was a new cable as well.