'90 won't staying running...

StargateBWH

Sep 23, 2016
Hey all, I have a fresh build '90 5.0 all new with a few modifications. It will start and run but after about 5 minutes it will load up and stall. I've replace the injectors and fuel pump, but can't seem to figure it out. Any thoughts?? Any help is appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

When you say no codes, this is misleading because there should be an 11 code meaning everything checked out, no codes would be a bad computer or wiring problem.
there is a thread for checking the codes:
Also a checklist for a cranks/no start that will help.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 90 GT with a replaced .30 bored out 302. Stock throttle body. New IAC, TPS new and dialed in. I have replaced everything. I have sent my computer off to be rebuilt twice. New distributor, 24lb injectors with matching MAF, 39lbs of fuel pressure. New fuel pump & filter. Replaced all fuseable links. I ran the "no start checklist" multiple times. The engine starts every time and immediately stalls. I monitored fuel pressure and it is within specs. I spray starting fluid in intake and engine stays running. New fuel injector harness. Removed and soldered salt an pepper shakers. Engine code returns 11. Tested fuel injectors out of car and back probed through computer. All work fine. Any thoughts?

I have a 90 GT with a replaced .30 bored out 302. Stock throttle body. New IAC, TPS new and dialed in. I have replaced everything. I have sent my computer off to be rebuilt twice. New distributor, 24lb injectors with matching MAF, 39lbs of fuel pressure. New fuel pump & filter. Replaced all fuseable links. I ran the "no start checklist" multiple times. The engine starts every time and immediately stalls. I monitored fuel pressure and it is within specs. I spray starting fluid in intake and engine stays running. New fuel injector harness. Removed and soldered salt an pepper shakers. Engine code returns 11. Tested fuel injectors out of car and back probed through computer. All work fine. Any thoughts?
Start a thread with details on modifications and work you've already done to try to correct this issue, it can get confusing when piggybacking onto another thread.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user