Electrical 91 alternator plug removal?

Scrappy91

Jul 31, 2016
I’m kind of confused because I haven't seen another fox body alternator with a plug like this. there doesn’t seem to be any clips to remove it and looks like someone tried to pry it off before. Any info or advice is appreciated.
E3BBC734-08D3-402D-AED6-6CC0B9F6B730.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

What are you trying to do exactly and can we get a picture of the complete alternator front and however much of the back you can get? That looks like an old factory plug to me but I'd like to see more of the alternator first.
Removal....grab it with large needle nose pliers the skinny way and slowly remove it. Should come straight out.

Sometimes heat and corrosion will cause the plug to start to melt. That's why replacement alternators are supposed to come with a replacement plug.

On some replacement alternators that "plug" is part of the alternator. They expect you to cut the factory wiring and hard wire the alternator to the car. I found that out when my alternator failed and I was looking for a replacement. I also found out that they don't always come clocked correctly.