• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Engine 91 lx 5.0 cranks no start

  • Thread starter Thread starter deadlyscars
  • Start date Start date Nov 26, 2018
  • Tags Tags
    help
D

deadlyscars

New Member
Nov 26, 2018
1
0
1
New Brighton
Nov 26, 2018
#1
  • Nov 26, 2018
  • #1
Let me start by saying I have read many pages on many sites and have not come up with much. Now I will turn to you guys for much needed help. I need my car back on the road asap.

Right now my car cranks but does not fire. It will fire with ether sprayed into the manifold directly. So far I have changed:
Battery (It didn't have enough CCA)
Starter (shot)
coil (probably still good)
Distributor cap (probably still good)

This did not just happen out of nowhere, I guess... I tore the upper intake off over a year ago planning to upgrade to a GT40 intake, just never finished the job. As my luck sucks my wife wrecks her car and I have to get my mustang (project car) back on the road immediately. I have read the cranks but wont start help and either I am confused, dumb, or just missing something.

I still need to check the injectors firing, I just hate to buy a noid light if I will only use it this one time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am at my wits end and I am ready to throw my hands in the air.
 

1992 5.Slow GT

5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2018
26
3
13
Youngstown, Ohio
Nov 26, 2018
#2
  • Nov 26, 2018
  • #2
I have only had my fox for half a year but it had an issue where the fuel line inside the sending unit was split and it wouldn't send enough fuel. One day the tear got too big and it wouldnt fire for lack of fuel. Idk if my problem was specific for me but possibly the ethanol couldve eaten your line the same as mine. Hopefully this helps at all.
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,048
10,671
213
polk county florida
Nov 26, 2018
#3
  • Nov 26, 2018
  • #3
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...start-checklist-fuel-injected-mustangs.787471
A fuel delivery problem has many causes.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
344
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
A
1987 5.0 speed density Foxbody crank no start
  • Alan2204
  • May 23, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
450
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 30, 2026
Mcmahst
1
Crank no start on a turbo and cammed pushrod 5.0
  • 1630stri
  • Sep 2, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
Replies
2
Views
136
Digital Self-tuning Forum Sep 16, 2026
Qtrhrse23
N
Engine 86 GT no start/stall
  • nweber
  • Jul 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
214
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 29, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Engine Another no start after washing engine bay
  • bruno
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
878
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?