Progress Thread 95 2-Top Cobra Build Thread- Never ending

• Sponsors (?)

*cough* raised white letters
:leaving:
F03725D5-CFB2-4237-96A3-E73D33C1B9D5.jpeg

Something like this? If I had Michelins all around I would like the look but I cheaped out on the front:D

Reactions: 1 users
Pulled out my center console lid getting all ready to paint it as it looked pretty awful. Started prepping for paint and realized it was just super filthy. Gave it a nice deep clean and it looks like new!

Before:
EF0199DB-7451-45BC-A7E9-24B46BF06FCE.jpeg
C9A03244-D1AD-4A20-90D8-79ADFB9344F1.jpeg

After:
234DF039-1C56-4CF2-AA64-9122C015B486.jpeg
77951FBB-1AD0-4737-99F2-AAEF2D2DF7E1.jpeg

• Winner
Very nice! That's a whole lot better than repainting! :rock:

Mine is the same way. Everything shows with the saddle interior and that armrest is a magnet. I'm really glad that our cars have the black insert for the top half of the door panels. The later SN95s with tan interiors went tan for the whole door, and it's much lighter than saddle.

Very nice! That's a whole lot better than repainting! :rock:

Mine is the same way. Everything shows with the saddle interior and that armrest is a magnet. I'm really glad that our cars have the black insert for the top half of the door panels. The later SN95s with tan interiors went tan for the whole door, and it's much lighter than saddle.
I'm hoping at some point they repop these door panels. Have had no luck finding the two tone ones in the JY and would love a fresh new set.

94 and up are what I call the newer style door panels in that they do not have any of the clips. Rather they have hooks at the bottom that go into the door and then you have a handfull of small bolts that hold the door panel on which are behind the stuff like the window controls, door handle, etc. I do not have an SN95 so I cannot say exactly where but my '14 and & '20 F150's had and have door panels like this. Found this video that shows how the door panels come off and you can see the hooks at about 3:50.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atN7DUUKr1Y

94 and up are what I call the newer style door panels in that they do not have any of the clips. Rather they have hooks at the bottom that go into the door and then you have a handfull of small bolts that hold the door panel on which are behind the stuff like the window controls, door handle, etc. I do not have an SN95 so I cannot say exactly where but my '14 and & '20 F150's had and have door panels like this. Found this video that shows how the door panels come off and you can see the hooks at about 3:50.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atN7DUUKr1Y

Bingo, those plastic hooks are what broke on mine and the little metal clip area where the door cup snaps in also separated so the door cup doesn’t sit flush. It’s one of those things that hasn’t bothered me enough to spend the money on it quite yet, but definitely on the list

Loving the stance! Enjoying the last few weeks of the vert look before I throw on the hardtop for the summer. Starting to get real hot here in FL
31A9494C-1722-4323-819E-1D047797357E.jpeg

• Love
Loving the stance! Enjoying the last few weeks of the vert look before I throw on the hardtop for the summer. Starting to get real hot here in FL
31A9494C-1722-4323-819E-1D047797357E.jpeg
Car is looking sharp! To think, back in ‘95 I bought a new Trans Am, instead of a Mustang, because I didn’t like the look of these cars….. now I’d love to pick one up if I came across something good! At least I admit my mistake! Lol

Having some major issues with the car. After idling for a long period of time, driving home the car would buck violently in gears 1-4 when coming off the clutch. Car would free rev fine but as soon as you put it into gear and come off the clutch, it would buck and rpm jump all over. Once I got to cruising speed in 5th it was fine. Was able to limp it home. Next day I installed a Duralast TFI. Car drove fine for a little, then issue came back, car died twice and on the second time it wouldn’t restart. Crank but no start. Push started and got it home, car bucked violently on the .25 mile drive back home. Car now cranks but doesn’t start.
583D22BB-2032-40D4-ACDA-9F127C93959C.jpeg
BB578353-6E3B-4285-B85C-E9C045D4F16E.jpeg

Started going down the checklist. Kinda threw parts at it because I need the car for transportation ASAP. Installed brand new TFI and Distributor (for new PIP). Confirmed the car has fuel. Still cranks but no start