Progress Thread 95 2-Top Cobra Build Thread- Never ending

So my stock fog bulbs are out and I’ve been meaning to experiment a little with some eBay lights. They have the 893 as a LED plug and play as well and the headlight conversion, I’ve been wanting to go LED anyway. Wondering if this is worth the $30 experiment? Just for fun and who knows, might work alright. If my thoughts aren’t flawed this will all be plug and play correct?
https://cart.payments.ebay.com/sc/view

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Did some LED fog lights on the cobra today, working on the full led conversion.
Before
34A2A4A8-2E0F-4553-8843-F75C26CEC2CE.jpeg
After
5923D02C-8543-4478-ADF8-6D89C6167D0B.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
Exports have damage in the trim, which to my understanding is one piece with the taillights so that’s a lost cause.
On the other hand got one more piece done in the LED conversion, did the map lights. I want to do the glove box light but can’t figure out how to access it, any help there is appreciated. After that and the dome light as well as hvac I’ll be full led interior.
C1C700F4-4AD9-441A-904B-CB05CF1F4B23.jpeg E6723898-C0E0-47A4-BE01-9B10E4B03E34.jpeg

Led reverse lights and led rear side markers before and after, haven’t had much time to do anything but lighting.
Full LED except headlights now, inside and out.
899A67D5-0211-40E8-9DED-4E72772C840E.jpeg C1B7DA77-C5EB-4CB1-B920-8E6DC5A57DCC.jpeg 0FBE88FF-3B72-4CB1-85B1-2EC6A5B14864.jpeg D7B5F825-86A9-4DB5-8A62-454D409A9FB0.jpeg

Last edited:
Well this weekend attempted doing the motor mounts alas, removal of the oe part took around 3 hours and got the new brand new ones from rock auto in, just to realize the bolt holes don’t line up. So we went online to see that many people had the same issues with this brand as well as well as poor durability. So we went ahead and bit the bullet and sprung for the energy suspension mounts which seem to have great reviews.

Last edited:
Any difference in the polymounts over rubber really?
You won’t notice any differences with vibrations or sound. There’s pretty much no downside to the poly mounts.

It’s not a bad idea to just toss in a new poly trans mount too since you’re already in the neighborhood

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
You won’t notice any differences with vibrations or sound. There’s pretty much no downside to the poly mounts.

It’s not a bad idea to just toss in a new poly trans mount too since you’re already in the neighborhood
Already did a oem style rubber trans mount when I did the clutch, is that okay with the poly motor mounts?

*Sigh*:nonono:
If there was no NVH penalty to use a poly mount, you'd think that the OEM would use them in the first place.

The factory uses rubber because it is a better insulator against drivetrain vibration that would otherwise be transferred into the chassis.
If the reasons for going to a poly mount are to restrict movement of the drivetrain, you'll feel the difference when comparing it against the factory mount.

And....restrict the engine's movement and allow the transmission to move and you risk case breakage. Even more so if it was a poly mounted trans, and a rubber mounted engine.

Fox Guys don't notice any added harshness when they go to a poly mount, because the old mounts were more than likely shot when they decided to upgrade.

• Agree