• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

95 5.0 in a 91, Any Problems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jay913
  • Start date Start date Sep 20, 2004

Jay913

New Member
Oct 3, 2003
45
0
0
Michigan
Sep 20, 2004
#1
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #1
I have a low mileage 5.0 (Block only) out of a 95GT. I plan on building it over the winter with new Heads, Cam, and Intake and dropping it in my 91. Are there any differences in this block and the one out of my 91? I know the 93 came with hypereutectic pistons, but that’s the only differences I am aware of.

I basically just want to know what the differences are (if any), and if I am going to run into any unexpected problems along the way. I no longer have any of the FI components or harnesses from the 95. I got rid of them sometime ago because this engine was alternated into a carb setup and put in my Ranger. I should be able to reuse most of the stuff on my current car right? Hopefully this isn’t a dumb question; I couldn’t find much info using the search.

Thanks in advance for any input.
 
V

v8only

Active Member
Jul 3, 2003
2,378
22
49
Sep 20, 2004
#2
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #2
same thing, in fact, I'm about to purchase a 99 explorer 5.0 for my mustang.

the only thing that's diff is the pistons and the upper intake, you won't have any problems making that engine go in yo0ur 91
 

Jay913

New Member
Oct 3, 2003
45
0
0
Michigan
Sep 20, 2004
#3
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #3
Thanks alot,
Thats what I figured. I just didnt want to find myself halfway through and realize something was different, or i needed something off the original FI. Better safe than sorry,

Thanks again
 
V

v8only

Active Member
Jul 3, 2003
2,378
22
49
Sep 20, 2004
#4
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #4
the 94/95 may have used obd1 instead of eeciv, so I'd retain as much as the original mass air 91 setup that you currently have. while I think the 95 upper intake will fit fine, be prepared to use your older one just in case
 

Jay913

New Member
Oct 3, 2003
45
0
0
Michigan
Sep 20, 2004
#5
  • Sep 20, 2004
  • #5
I don't have any of the original 95 Fuel Injection components. I only have the block. I plan on reusing everything off the 91 except I will be purchashing new Heads, Cam, and Intake. I still havn't decided on what combination I want to go with yet. Still have some researching to do for the best setup.

Thanks.
 
N

NightStalkersSO

New Member
Aug 23, 2004
62
0
0
Gilbert, Az
Sep 21, 2004
#6
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #6
no obd1, don't worry about it, just swap all your old block stuff onto the new block.
 

Dark Knight

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2000
2,578
0
0
Chandler, Az.
Sep 21, 2004
#7
  • Sep 21, 2004
  • #7
timing chan cover and water pump are different on the later engine..
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Electrical problem plug in the drivers kick panel
  • Mindseye007
  • Aug 16, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
166
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 16, 2026
Mindseye007
K
3.8 T5 & Bellhousing to 1987 Lincoln 5.0
  • ks65stang
  • Mar 2, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
3
Views
449
Other Auto Tech Mar 3, 2026
Noobz347
1
Electrical Headlight harness trouble
  • 1985fox
  • Apr 14, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
390
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 17, 2026
AeroCoupe
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
431
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Saturday at 12:05 PM
fasterthangas
F
S
Help. 1968 engine swap to 95 5.0
  • superdog68
  • Jun 23, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
221
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 23, 2025
Mcmahst
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?